Cummins and F250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
    You've been saying that for a year, Brad.
    Time is something I just can't seem to find enough of these days. ...I'm getting more and more tired of the def and regens now, though. How's yours running?

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
      Time is something I just can't seem to find enough of these days. ...I'm getting more and more tired of the def and regens now, though. How's yours running?
      No issues so far, besides having the check coolant additive message pop up. I did add the H&S partial egr delete so I could get a pyro reading. Should have done that when I did the delete and tuner.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
        Takes me about an hour to do a 6.4.

I know the 6.7 is more involved. One thing I would recommend with a 6.7 is to get somebody at the dealership to flash it for you for whatever reason.

There are a few instances of ECM's failing on the first flash. Better to have it fail on a dealer tech under warranty than when flashing it with an aftermarket tuner!!!!
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          Takes me about an hour to do a 6.4.

I know the 6.7 is more involved. One thing I would recommend with a 6.7 is to get somebody at the dealership to flash it for you for whatever reason.

There are a few instances of ECM's failing on the first flash. Better to have it fail on a dealer tech under warranty than when flashing it with an aftermarket tuner!!!!
          Next time you're in town, I'll pay you for an hour of your time, then! . I appreciate the info on the flash...I'll run it up to the local dealership and see if they'll flash it for me.

Comment

There is that update for 6.7 that gave them more power. And I think the problem with calibration update was all with the ids/vcm programming. I've done tons of them and never had any pcm's crash on me. Although we've seen 6.7 with turbo failures and lifters dropping requiring short blocks. And I have to say 6.7 are far worse to work on than 6.4. I'd personally take a 6.0 any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              I think a lot of people buy a diesel to feel like Big Hoss and then when the costs start kicking in they regret the decision. I prefer the way they operate, but right now, I wouldn't want to pay for the PM on one, or any other HD pieces that break.
              That's a solid ass post!

It does suck having to pay for this damned thing, abd it's definitely more expensive to maintain than a gasser, but the added capabilities in pulling and the like almost makes it a wash.

Though the one thing I would change is to eliminate the smoke on this tune. Sucks wasting fuel...

17.3 on the lie meter today, which translates to about 15.7 by hand. New record.
              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I've been considering almost the same purchase. Looking to spend ~$23k or so. This would be a work truck and a personal truck.

The one main reason I want a diesel is for longevity, long bed option, gas mileage when pulling a trailer (small 6 x 12 enclosed). I need the long bed for work to carry 8' long boxes of shades and such, and I have seen a few gas trucks, but I have a friend with one (~04 dodge w/ hemi) and he gets 13mpg if he is lucky.

Comment

Working...
                X