No announcement yet.

Cummins and F250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was getting those numbers out of my 6.4 bone stock. And with spartan, exhaust, CAI I got 22 mpg on the hwy. Now with 36 inch tires I'm getting 18 again.
    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
      Can I get some pics?
      I'll have it online by friday. Ill send ya a link then. Its white, and in really good shape

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
        By hand or with the lie meter Matt?
        i've seriously been getting 18ish on average, out of my '11. that's hand calculated when i fill up. it ranges between mid 17s or even low 20s, if i drive more highway. (all unloaded, obvously) if the regens were gone, it would be even better...mileage drops tremendously when it's "cleaning the exhaust filter"...

Comment

And I've never had a ford that would get 20 mpg and I've had every variety of 2/4wd and dually/srw. I've had the last three engines, with deletes/exhaust/tuned, all in 4wd trucks.
          My 06 6.0 did the best in modified condition, and that was a couple of tanks over 18 stock. Going from factory 20" wheels to 22" wheels and 36" tires didn't make the fuel economy change noticeably on the highway with the 6.0, but I lost over 1 mpg in mixed/town driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
            I'll have it online by friday. Ill send ya a link then. Its white, and in really good shape
            Thank you sir. I am really interested and I think I've got a buyer for my 2wd. It wouldn't happen to be long bed. (fingers crossed)

Comment

I paid $20k for my 2005 F250 FX4 Lariat Crew Cab almost exactly two years ago with 88k miles on it. It's loaded with the digital climate control, sliding rear window, power/heated front seats, power adjustable pedals, aux switches, etc. It was already leveled, had a spray-in bedliner, and 4" turbo back Banks Monster exhaust. The thing was in really good shape! I had looked around a LOT, and this was the best deal I found on an F250 at that time. Most of them I looked at were either really beat up, had high mileage, and/or were more expensive.

After about 1 year, it started running like shit and puffing white smoke out of the tailpipe. I got the EGR delete and new oil cooler done, and added an SCT tuner. It was as good as new again - heck, better! Since then, the only other issue was my fuel pressure regulator started leaking. I got that fixed, and they put in the upgraded spring. Knowing what I know now, I would do all of those fixes as soon as I purchased a 6.0. A lot of people swap out the head studs and run really aggressive tunes and make a shit ton of power with no problems. Of course, at this age, I need new balljoints.

My truck now has 115k miles on it, and I love it. I hope it lasts me another 200k. I've heard the trannies on these are rock solid, and with the right mods, the motors will last a long time.

I get around 13-15 mpg in town and around 18-19 on highway trips. I wish that were better! I put 35s on it, so that probably doesn't help.

I've always heard Cummins is the best motor, but I think those trucks are ugly inside and out, and I've only had awful experiences with Chrysler products, personally.

Comment

It's a catch-22 in those years. I've had both...always liked the Ford truck better, but the Cummins drivetrain shouldn't even be in the same category as a 6.0 IMO.

If I was going to have another Dodge, I'd personally go with an 05' model to avoid the AC/dash problems the 06 up had. It's too bad too, because the dash and overall interior is a little nicer in the 06 up if you can live with the potential BS that comes along with it....there was no Mega Cab before then either. IMO the front end looks a little better too. However, take it from someone who has owned one.... If you end up in an 06/07 Mega Cab, be prepared to sweat your ass off in the summertime around here.

If I was going to have another Ford I don't think I could ever bring myself to own a 6.0, so would probably try to find a well cared for 02' or 03' 7.3 truck...or a job-2+ 6.4.

I always thought it would be cool to find a really nice 06' or 07' F250/F350 with a crapped 6.0 and do a Cummins swap... But then who wants to take on all that work.

I've actually been keeping my eyes peeled for an OBS Powerstroke b/c I'm starting to need a bigger truck again but not one that I would drive every day.
                70' Chevelle RagTop
                (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                  Thank you sir. I am really interested and I think I've got a buyer for my 2wd. It wouldn't happen to be long bed. (fingers crossed)
                  sorry man, its a swb

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
                    i've seriously been getting 18ish on average, out of my '11. that's hand calculated when i fill up. it ranges between mid 17s or even low 20s, if i drive more highway. (all unloaded, obvously) if the regens were gone, it would be even better...mileage drops tremendously when it's "cleaning the exhaust filter"...
                    I have a friend getting similar out of his 11.

This thread reminds me of a funny story. I had a friend that had a 01 7.3 with a few mods. He would always talk about how great his fuel economy was. It was 2wd crew cab and he always said he never less than 20 mpg highway empty and sometimes was able to get 22-24 mpg. We decided to take a trip back in 04 to St. Louis and I agreed to get the fuel. We never got 20 mpg the whole way there or back. He never talked about his fuel economy around me again.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                      I have a 2006 Dodge 3500 SRW 4x4 96k miles auto, has roll up windows I'd sell ya for 16.5k

Really nice truck though
                      Auto?

Comment

interesting to hear on the 11's...I was under the assumption that MPG is terrible in all the new (11'+) Powerstrokes.
                        70' Chevelle RagTop
                        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                          Auto?
                          yea auto, but I have a 6 speed 2wd that'll be up for sale soon too

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                            By hand or with the lie meter Matt?
                            my hand. Of course most of my intown driving is on 190/tollway

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                              interesting to hear on the 11's...I was under the assumption that MPG is terrible in all the new (11'+) Powerstrokes.
                              they're better (from a mpg standpoint) than any of the previous models, from what i can tell. my dodge (05 quad cab, short bed, cummins, auto, 4wd) got about the same mileage as this one...maybe a tad better in the city. my ford is an '11 f250 crew cab, short bed, auto 4wd... the only complaint that i have, is that it complains more than a nagging woman. everytime i turn around there is some message on the screen. "check coolant additive", "low diesel exhaust fluid", "change oil"...i know when to change my oil, i'm going to get rid of that stupid def, and apparently the coolant additive goes bad over time, and guess what...ford is the only one that can check it, to tell you if it's gone bad and they're the only ones with the additive, to fix it, apparently...

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                                23 here.
                                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                                Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Working...
                                X