Cummins and F250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cummins and F250

I have been looking at trucks lately and have narrowed it down between those two. They are both about equal when I take everything I like/dislike about them into account.

I have been looking on CL, eBay, cars.com, etc. and the prices are very sporadic. I don't know what is driving this. I want atleast an 05+ for either the f250 or Cummins. I have seen a few 2007 Cummins with under 100k miles for 24ish and then I see a few 2005's in the mid to upper 20's. When I look at them they seem very similar, ie mods, engines, etc.

What would be a good price to pay for either truck in the 2005-2008 range? Ideal price range would be low 20's though.
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

I paid 24K for my 2008 Job3 F250, FX4 with 130K miles on it.
    Last edited by Silverback; 05-16-2012, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      I paid 24K for my 2009 Job3 F250, FX4 with 130K miles on it.
      I remember you posting yours. Clean looking truck from what I recall.

I haven't been looking at prices very long but that beats just about everything I have looked at so far..

What kind of mpg are you getting? I heard a few people say they get low 20's out of their Cummins. Christ, that is better than my Ranger almost...
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Same truck, with the same options pretty much but with only 70K miles was almost 30K at another dealership

Comment

I paid (initially) 21M for my 07 F250 Lariat FX4 with 82,xxx on it. Then I put another 5M in it studding the heads, adding an EGR delete, oil cooler, and tuner.That stuff was added because it broke down three times in six months. Right now it's in the shop having the transmission rebuilt, which is costing me another $3500. That's right, the piece of shit went out at 109,584 miles.

Oh, and after adding all that and 4" exhaust from the turbo back, and running the hottest tune that I have, I am all the way up to 14mpg.

Fawking piece of shit truck I'll never buy another Ford heavy line vehicle!!!!!!!
          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I have a 2006 Dodge 3500 SRW 4x4 96k miles auto, has roll up windows I'd sell ya for 16.5k

Really nice truck though

Comment

I get 18mpg on the highway from Austin to Dallas doing 70-75 and about 15-16 in town on the 6.4L bone stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                I have a 2006 Dodge 3500 SRW 4x4 96k miles auto, has roll up windows I'd sell ya for 16.5k

Really nice truck though
                Thanks for the PM. Do you have a site listing you can PM me so I can scan through your inventory?

I am not picky on options but I do require a crew cab.

Comment

Really nice truck though
                  single cab?

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                    Thanks for the PM. Do you have a site listing you can PM me so I can scan through your inventory?

I am not picky on options but I do require a crew cab.
                    the 06 cummins with 96k is a really good truck, I was intending on putting it online for 18k.

Even if you do not buy a truck from me, feel free to call me or pm me with questions, I will do anything I can to help ya!

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                      single cab?
                      crew cab

Comment

I get 18mpg on the highway from Austin to Dallas doing 70-75 and about 15-16 in town on the 6.4L bone stock.
                        By hand or with the lie meter Matt?
                        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

that is incredible, for the 6.4 without any mods! i'd like to get the h&s mini maxx and a straight exhaust...that would really help the mileage...no more fuel-wasting regens!

Comment

My 2010 would get 15.5 at 75 stock, 20" wheels, and 3.55 gearing. Best stock tank was right over 16. Worst stock, non towing, tank was 12.2. After that tank, and a slew of other hand calculated 13.x tanks, I decided to delete.

I'm now seeing a consistent 15 mpg dead even mixed average. I've achieved a high of 17.5 and 17 several times. I haven't had a 13.x tank unless towing.

My 06 dodge is a 2wd, but I can get 20 mpg all day long. I had a early 04 dodge that would get almost 22 mpg hwy at speeds under 65mph, with 200k miles on it.

Comment

crew cab
                              Can I get some pics?

Comment

Working...
                              X