No announcement yet.

Cummins and F250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 quad cab cummins 4X4 still going strong here. 101K miles, 19 mpg with a Bully Dog box. I am changing the oil yet again this weekend!
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

http://www.ntxautosports.com/ My friends lot. Where I just got my 06 f250 king ranch.

the new 6.4s apparently have radiator problems.. Ive heard that some are already on a 4th radiator. My wifes ex is about to do one in his 350.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        2005 quad cab cummins 4X4 still going strong here. 101K miles, 19 mpg with a Bully Dog box. I am changing the oil yet again this weekend!
        No AC problems?

My 06 has been kicking my ass. It will hold a charge for a week without you driving it, but if you take it on a trip as soon as you kill it is leaks all the freon out. I've used a bad ass sniffer, have dye oil in, etc, and can't find a damn thing.

My moms 06 dodge does this thing were it will just start blowing warm air, might do it for 30 minutes, then it kicks back on to cold air. It was a little low, so I thought maybe that was the problem, but it is still doing it.

I didn't have any problems with my 04 in 210k miles, and the guy I sold it to has almost 300k miles on it now and no AC repairs. It is about to get it's first transmission soon though.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
          I have a friend getting similar out of his 11.

This thread reminds me of a funny story. I had a friend that had a 01 7.3 with a few mods. He would always talk about how great his fuel economy was. It was 2wd crew cab and he always said he never less than 20 mpg highway empty and sometimes was able to get 22-24 mpg. We decided to take a trip back in 04 to St. Louis and I agreed to get the fuel. We never got 20 mpg the whole way there or back. He never talked about his fuel economy around me again.
          Dallas to Memphis this week. 24 gallons 420 miles. Truck is an 02 f250 crew with 140k. Bone stock except muffler and ais ford filter. No tuner and a hair off on alignment. Mileage was tracked by gps. If it was aligned and tuned
          I could see 20 maybe. Not bad for a giant truck and in the 70 ish range most of the way. Holy shit there were cops all over the place.
          Last edited by kingjason; 05-16-2012, 06:30 PM.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

my '12 F350 is getting 15.8 city and close to 20 @ 75ish mph. The dodge is a great powertrain but the auto trannies are trash and the interior build quality isn't up to par with ford IMO. Having owned a chevy, dodge, and ford, i'd never go back to a dodge.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
              my '12 F350 is getting 15.8 city and close to 20 @ 75ish mph. The dodge is a great powertrain but the auto trannies are trash and the interior build quality isn't up to par with ford IMO. Having owned a chevy, dodge, and ford, i'd never go back to a dodge.
              So I guess the ones in the Cummins is the same transmission? I won't be pulling anything extreme with it. The ski, maybe a boat, a camper, etc. Its not that weak is it?
              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Dodges have such shitty build quality

Comment

No AC problems?

My 06 has been kicking my ass. It will hold a charge for a week without you driving it, but if you take it on a trip as soon as you kill it is leaks all the freon out. I've used a bad ass sniffer, have dye oil in, etc, and can't find a damn thing.

My moms 06 dodge does this thing were it will just start blowing warm air, might do it for 30 minutes, then it kicks back on to cold air. It was a little low, so I thought maybe that was the problem, but it is still doing it.

I didn't have any problems with my 04 in 210k miles, and the guy I sold it to has almost 300k miles on it now and no AC repairs. It is about to get it's first transmission soon though.
                  05 4x4 laramie cc 1ton, 300k today and my damn alternator finally went out..lol

no a/c problems ever, 1 trans rebuild at 250k or so

Comment

My 08 (Job 2) F350 got right at 14mpg mixed city/highway bone stock. I have full replacements front and rear with a 60 gallon external tank so I thought that was decent for the extra weight. After the H&S Mini Max (Hot Damn 300 Tune),dpf delete + 5" exhaust, and S&B intake I'm getting right at 17.5mpg hand calculated on mostly highway mileage leveled on 37" Nittos. Dynoed the truck three months ago and put down 573rwhp and 1221rwtq.
                    2015 DIB 6-Speed Mustang GT - 413rwhp 389 rwtq (CAI & Tune only)

Comment

No AC problems?

All of the AC problems didn't start until 06'. I had an 06' Mega with more AC problems than I care to talk about.

I had this same problem that you described in your mom's.... turned out to be the wiring harness under the hood. It had a short that would open the circuit to the field coil as the under hood temperature went up. With mine you could grab ahold of the big harness that goes around the front of the head (mine was a 5.9), wiggling it by hand with the truck idling and AC on... would make the clutch kick in and out. Dumbass stealership could never find this problem on their own.... they hung all sorts of parts on it before I finally diagnosed it myself and then took it and showed them, then they finally put a new harness in under warranty.
                      70' Chevelle RagTop
                      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by JFurst View Post
                        Dodges have such shitty build quality
                        After 150k miles or so in Dodge Cummins based trucks, never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                          I paid (initially) 21M for my 07 F250 Lariat FX4 with 82,xxx on it. Then I put another 5M in it studding the heads, adding an EGR delete, oil cooler, and tuner.That stuff was added because it broke down three times in six months. Right now it's in the shop having the transmission rebuilt, which is costing me another $3500. That's right, the piece of shit went out at 109,584 miles.

Oh, and after adding all that and 4" exhaust from the turbo back, and running the hottest tune that I have, I am all the way up to 14mpg.

Fawking piece of shit truck I'll never buy another Ford heavy line vehicle!!!!!!!
                          You can't beat them like a sports car without paying to play.

I personally would buy the Ford.

Comment

F250 just cause they didnt borrow money from the government

Comment

I've seen a few responses from 05-07 but what about 08 f250? Dunno what happen but I'm seeing a lot under 100k miles for low 20s.

Do the 08s have the same issues as the previous three years ie head studs? If I buy a truck I don't really want to throw more money into it off the bat.
                              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                                I've seen a few responses from 05-07 but what about 08 f250? Dunno what happen but I'm seeing a lot under 100k miles for low 20s.

Do the 08s have the same issues as the previous three years ie head studs? If I buy a truck I don't really want to throw more money into it off the bat.
                                then do yourself a favor and buy a cummins

Comment

Working...
                                X