Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone willing to lend me their trailer tag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone willing to lend me their trailer tag?

I have a small trailer (used to be a tent trailer that I have gutted and want to use for a utility trailer. It has new tires and i even painted it, but I don't really have any plans to put it on the road. Its really just for hauling things around the place right now. It is in Balch Springs and I need to bring it to Rockwall.

Anyone have a tag I could borrow just to get it home so it doesn't attract attention?

Just do it, that ain't that far. If you get stopped just claim it must have fallen off or someone took it . Evil Kneivel would jump that gap on his mini bike.
    Rich

Comment

Agreed. Just pull it Frank. Hell, I've pulled multiple of my trailers several times with grossly out of date tags and even had cops directly behind me and not one has said a word...
      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Just pull it.

What's the worst they can do, give you a $77 ticket for no registration??

Comment

Make up a fake bill of sale and if pulled over say you just bought it and the previous owner would not give you the plate. Oh yea... and you don't know his phone number either.
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
            Just pull it.

Plant crack on you and get to tazing?
            Ded

Comment

Just pull it.

That explains it. There wasn't enough revenue being generated in that stop, which is why they never bothered. Sweet...
              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseburger with cheese View Post
                Plant drywall on you and get to tazing?
                fixed
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

co workers trailer got taken by state troopers. He would swap the tag from trailer to trailer. He got pulled over, didnt have any papers for the trailer and the info on the tag and trailer didnt match.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                    Make up a fake bill of sale and if pulled over say you just bought it and the previous owner would not give you the plate. Oh yea... and you don't know his phone number either.
                    Bad idea.

If it were home made and registered, it would have a "OAN" or Owner Applied Number. That number could be run to get the registration. Once the officer ran the OAN or VIN and nothing came back, he would be caught in a lie and we all know how things go from there....

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                      This is pretty solid....

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                        This is pretty solid....
                        Solid way for the officer to think it may be stolen and impound the trailer...

Comment

Solid way for the officer to think it may be stolen and impound the trailer...
                          Said it was solid, not fool proof. LOL

Comment

Bad idea.

If it were home made and registered, it would have a "OAN" or Owner Applied Number. That number could be run to get the registration. Once the officer ran the OAN or VIN and nothing came back, he would be caught in a lie and we all know how things go from there....
                            Well just like a cop.... had to ruin everything.
                            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is legal until you get caught.
                              Rich

Comment

Working...
                              X