Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sun Glasses: Where did you buy yours at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    can someone explain to me what is the point of spending that kind of money on plastic sunglasses?
    What is the difference in an $800 scope and a $100 one?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
      I'm not in the 'boosh' clique so I has no 'boosh' rights, but that right there...

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
        Fastenal.....

Free.....

Thank You NTTA...
        Last edited by prostock1; 05-18-2012, 10:01 PM.
        sigpic
        "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
        through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
        We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
        my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

Unless these sunglasses have tactile windage, elevation, and variable element magnification to 24x I don't see any correlation to scopes. All sunglasses do is tint your vision, it's vanity ladies.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Unless these sunglasses have tactile windage, elevation, and variable element magnification to 24x I don't see any correlation to scopes. All sunglasses do is tint your vision, it's vanity ladies.
            I disagree there CJ, cheapies brake very easy, have very shitty clarity, and don't block the harmful rays. The higher dollar comes with better optical clarity, more robust constructions and materials, scratch resistant lenses, etc.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I disagree there CJ, cheapies brake very easy, have very shitty clarity, and don't block the harmful rays. The higher dollar comes with better optical clarity, more robust constructions and materials, scratch resistant lenses, etc.
              Maybe it's just me but I can't ever see a damn bit of difference between my shitty $15 walmart polarized lenses and the expensive glasses. Scratch resistant lenses make sense, because mine always get scratched to shit, however I lose sunglasses about every month or so.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Maybe it's just me but I can't ever see a damn bit of difference between my shitty $15 walmart polarized lenses and the expensive glasses. Scratch resistant lenses make sense, because mine always get scratched to shit, however I lose sunglasses about every month or so.
                My ex brother in law used to get high end sunglasses through work, and would send me some to try out. There were a couple that really sucked, but most of them were far superior to the cheapies. Hell the polarized is much different as far as how you see color, etc.

I need to get a new pair of good ones.

Comment

My ex brother in law used to get high end sunglasses through work, and would send me some to try out. There were a couple that really sucked, but most of them were far superior to the cheapies. Hell the polarized is much different as far as how you see color, etc.

I need to get a new pair of good ones.
                  I'll take your word for it, but I can't spend anything over a 20 on a set of glasses I will inevitably lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                    Sunglass Hut. Polarized Oakley Whiskers.

Best sunglasses ever owned.

Exactly what I wear, on my third pair of them. The last ones I just got are nonpolarized and silver, but I only paid $58 for them from the vault so I can live with that lol.
                    Last edited by GrayStangGT; 05-17-2012, 02:19 PM.

Comment

I've got 2 pair of Oakley whiskers, both polarized(one Ti frame and the other not). I only bought the second pair because the lens screw fell out after I changed lenses. I can't find that fits and Oakley wants $50 to replace the screw and give them a "tune up"(whatever that means). I've also got a pair of Juliets that are pretty comfortable even though they are kind of heavy.

There is a definite difference in the optical clarity of the lenses. Good lenses reduce eye strain and make everything a little more crisp.

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                        Is that SOP at Sunglass Hut?
                        Yea, one time within a year. After that within the next year you can return them for another pair and get half off. I'm on my second pair now looking to go get some Costa's here soon.

Comment

what brands of sunglasses does costco sell? I couldnt find any on their site

Comment

i want some polorized half x's but damn 400 is alot. i have pair of fuel cells now that i got for free so im not complaining lol
                            07 f250-family truckster
                            08 Denali -baby hauler
                            52 f1-rust bucket
                            05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                            livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Working...
                            X