Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a letter from the Air Force today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a letter from the Air Force today...

In today's mail we had a letter from "Air Force Athletics" addressed to my 16 yoa.

It was a letter from the Air Force Academy's head hockey coach saying he was at the Rocky Mountain District Camp that was held two weeks ago. The head coach and his recruiting coordinator had been at the camp and seen my son play. My son had been chosen from the top players in the Texas region (OK, TX, LA, etc) to go to this showcase.

The letter is an invitation to the 12th Annual Air Force Academy Midget Showcase.

The funny thing is that we played a tourney at Colorado Springs several years ago and one of the games was on the Air Force Academy's rink.

It looks like we will be going to Colorado Springs in June for them to take another look.

Solid barg.

Comment

Interesting. I've never heard of a service academy approaching anyone like that. Is he a Jr? It is actually illrgal for someone to actively try to recruit 9th or 10th graders.

Comment

lol midgets

Comment

As much hell as I give you, congratulations. Maybe you guys can turn this into something really cool.

Comment

They can be invited to a show-case tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
              lol midgets
              Donsvo probably got the same letter!

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                In today's mail we had a letter from "Air Force Athletics" addressed to my 16 yoa.

It was a letter from the Air Force Academy's head hockey coach saying he was at the Rocky Mountain District Camp that was held two weeks ago. The head coach and his recruiting coordinator had been at the camp and seen my son play. My son had been chosen from the top players in the Texas region (OK, TX, LA, etc) to go to this showcase.

The letter is an invitation to the 12th Annual Air Force Academy Midget Showcase.

The funny thing is that we played a tourney at Colorado Springs several years ago and one of the games was on the Air Force Academy's rink.

It looks like we will be going to Colorado Springs in June for them to take another look.
                I am deeply offended by the term "Midget". I will be sending them an appropriate letter demanding an apology....

In other news, that's awesome
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                  They can be invited to a show-case tournament.
                  Ya, I just looked that up.

Comment

Very cool, best of luck to your son. Military athletic teams get to travel all over the world so there is some cool possibilities there if everything goes well.
                    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                      I am deeply offended by the term "Midget". I will be sending them an appropriate letter demanding an apology....

In other news, that's awesome
                      midget as in little people not penis size. You have nothing to worry about this time.

Comment

Bragging, you are

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                          It is actually illrgal for someone to actively try to recruit 9th or 10th graders.
                          So when did that stop you?

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                            So when did that stop you?

Comment

Cool Matt. Good luck.
                              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                              86 SVO - Sold
                              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X