Trying to open this page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to open this page

As most of you know I'm computer retarded. It asks for a password before I even get the page open or can create an account. How do I get around this shit? Looking for some info about my old mans service in Vietnam, and this site pops up with a google search of his name. (He was a crew chief on Chinooks during that era). Any help is appreciated.

The Boeing Chinook helicopter (H-47). 5,000+ pages of news, historical information, photographs, publications and video about the Chinook helicopter.

Looks like google cached some of the pages. Try google search: "site:http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/ fathers name"

Mouse over the search result that may be a hit, click on the double arrows to the right, a preview pane should show up, click on cached next to the full link to see the cached data.
    WRX

Comment

I can't access it either, you can do a search with your dad's name on google, try the search term:

Firstname Lastname site:www.http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/

on the results, click the little >> arrows and select "cached" should let you see what you want to see... if you still have problems send me a PM and I can do it for you.

Comment

lol, mustang_revival beat me to it

Comment

You can try their email at chinook@chinookhelicopter.com and contact them.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll give that a shot once I'm back on my laptop.

Comment

Thanks guys! This is probably only cool to me, but not only was I able to find out the designation number of the Chinook my dad was on from 65-66, but the damn thing is still in use today! Looks like after doing a stint in Afghanistan and having a minor mechanical failure, it was sold to Canada in 2009. Fucking Canadians buying the world... It's currently on its third designation number, after a couple of refits. Crazy as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                Thanks guys! This is probably only cool to me, but not only was I able to find out the designation number of the Chinook my dad was on from 65-66, but the damn thing is still in use today! Looks like after doing a stint in Afghanistan and having a minor mechanical failure, it was sold to Canada in 2009. Fucking Canadians buying the world... It's currently on its third designation number, after a couple of refits. Crazy as hell.

That's very interesting. I've always likeed Chinook's, every time I see one I have to stop and stare. They're so unique and fill an important role, as evidenced by your dad's still being in service 47+ years later.

Comment

I was shocked it was still around. I wasn't expecting to find much when I started looking. What really cracks me up is I was just at a Social Distortion concert 2 weeks ago!

Comment

Love watching them do maneuvers on Fort Hood.....Amazing the things they can do!!

Very cool that you found this! Pretty cool memories!

Comment

Wow, Eric. I thought you had photoshopped that Social Distortion thing on there. That is way cool.
                      sigpic
                      Old Fords Rule

Comment

Nice! I got to see a pair of Chinooks while up in Leadville. They apparently were CH-47F models, just recently built.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Fucking Canadians buying the world...
                        Men have become the tools of their tools.
                        -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

YOUR DAD IS FUCKING PHIL, ERiC

Not fucking phil, but fucking phil. You know what I mean. Your dad's a canuck, chuck.
                          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Man, I would LOVE to find some of the a/craft my dad worked on in Guam.

Very cool find Eric.

David

Comment

Cool as shit, Eric. I'm diggin the Social D paint work.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Working...
                              X