Where to change engine oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to change engine oil?

I just moved to an apartment complex and have no idea if I can change my oil here. I refuse to take it anywhere just because I don't like anybody else touching her. I guess it's a mental thing lol. Anyways does vatozone allow you to change your engine oil in their parking lot?

Another question. I used to only buy penisoil ultra 5-30 but I can't find that stuff anywhere unless I want to buy it buy the qt. But it's over 8 per qt. What's another good oil? Mobil 1?

Penisoil!

Comment

Talisman said you could change it at his works parking lot, but spill one drop if oil on his immaculate lot and he will jump on the hood of your car.
      2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
      Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
      Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
      Speedlogix Catch Can
      Resonator Delete

Comment

Originally posted by STRONGNUFF View Post
        Talisman said you could change it at his works parking lot, but spill one drop if oil on his immaculate lot and he will jump on the hood of your car.
        Plus you will feel the full wrath of his internet anger.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
          Penisoil!
          good eye, lol

Comment

I just did my third oil change on my 12, it takes all of 15 minutes. The dust/watershield is held on by 3 10mm bolts. The manual calls for 10k oil changes, but Im not so sure, even it it calls for 7 quarts. I changed it the first time at 5k, it probably could have gone to 7500 miles. The second one I did at 8.8k because I was going to S.A., and I just changed the third one yesterday at 13.5k miles. I used Mobil1 full syn 5w-20 and all three OCs were done with a motorcraft FL-500 from wally world, this is also the place I buy the oil, its the cheapest.

This oil change I will go 10k, I will do a oil filter and one quart of Mobil1 at 5k though, that filter just looks very small.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Just do it in the parking lot and see if they make a stink. My complex has rules against working on your cars in the lots (for obvious reasons) but they've never made a big deal when I've done some light repair work in the lot. Some Jamaican guys damn near did a motor swap on a BMW in the lot. They had it up on jack stands, using air tools, etc and didn't get hassled.

Comment

You're smart for asking us, since we're psychic, and know where you live already. You're stupid for asking us, because we will only recommend places outside of your neighborhood, even hours away. Hell, LaserSVT would probably be a good get while we're at it.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Lol at penisoil.
                  Vortex rear stand $75
                  8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                  My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                  but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                  11 4 door
                  13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                    I just moved to an apartment complex and have no idea if I can change my oil here. I refuse to take it anywhere just because I don't like anybody else touching her. I guess it's a mental thing lol. Anyways does vatozone allow you to change your engine oil in their parking lot?

Another question. I used to only buy penisoil ultra 5-30 but I can't find that stuff anywhere unless I want to buy it buy the qt. But it's over 8 per qt. What's another good oil? Mobil 1?
                    Try changing it in the apartment complex parking lot, as far as possible from the management office, and see if anyone from management complains. Worth a try first.

I would use Mobil 1 myself......readily available at any Wally World, etc.

Comment

Oh and the first two were done with Motorcraft semi-syn, not sure what the factory uses, but I followed this routine on my 1997 Cobra and I never had an oil related failure. When I forged the motor Manny at HPP did the heads and he couldn't believe I had over 130k miles on my orignal 4v motor. The entire valve area looked brand new, no sludge and hardly any wear.

edit, the oil pan plug is a 15mm, Ford changed it from their usual 16mm.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                        You're smart for asking us, since we're psychic, and know where you live already. You're stupid for asking us, because we will only recommend places outside of your neighborhood, even hours away. Hell, LaserSVT would probably be a good get while we're at it.
                        If you read my post it's simply asking if autozone allows customers to change oil in their parking lots. Being that it's corporate owned I would "ASSUME" they would have set rules nationwide. My other question was about engine oil. Thanks for your time.

Comment

I have gotten away with changing parts out in auto parts parking lots but never even thought about doing an oil change. I think if you asked they would say no because of liability. Pull you car up in the back corner of the Apt. lot and do the oil change and see what they say. Or you could drive over to some shitty Apt. complex and do it there as I am sure no one will care....

I use Mobil 1 myself......

Comment

I thought Autozone let you dump off your old oil at any of their locations which would lead me to believe you could do it in their parking lot. You will need to find a place to dump it if you change your oil at your apartment complex.

Comment

You can use my parking lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X