No announcement yet.

What if it turns out to be a real cop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if it turns out to be a real cop?

This has to be somewhat intimidating if you're a motorist with a "cop" behind you...

Police: Phony officer could be killing Mississippi drivers

Someone who may be posing as a police officer is pulling cars over on Mississippi highways and then shooting drivers dead, authorities said.

After two such shootings this month, the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is asking for the public's help to find the person.

"There are some similarities between the two incidents, mainly the fact they happened alongside a Mississippi highway," said MBI Director Lt. Col. Larry Waggoner on Monday. "The concern is that someone is posing as a law enforcement officer and that is how these vehicles end up on the side of the road."

The first shooting occurred on May 8. Thomas Schlender, 74, was found dead in his car in the median of southbound Interstate 55 about 1:30 a.m.

On Friday, Lori Anne Carswell, 48, was found dead outside her car on the shoulder of Mississippi State Highway 713 about 2:15 a.m.

The shootings took place about 55 miles apart, and the victims did not know each other, authorities said.

Authorities are asking citizens to be careful if they are pulled over and feel uneasy. They advise drivers to call 911 and verify that a legitimate officer is pulling them over or drive to a well-lit, crowded place before stopping.

Someone who may be posing as a police officer is pulling cars over on Mississippi highways and then shooting drivers dead, authorities said.
    www.allforoneroofing.com

If its a real cop, he'll probably beat you and take you to jail for evading.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
      If its a real cop, he'll probably beat you and take you to jail for evading, then get paid vacation while they investigate your life history
      ^Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
        If its a real cop, he'll probably beat you and take you to jail for evading.
        X2
        Originally posted by Nash B.
        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Black Panthers?
          2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
          2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
          2012 Ford Edge

Comment

horrible! I hope they catch that piece of shit and hang 'im up!
            Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
              horrible! I hope they catch that piece of shit and hang 'im up!
              Exactly
              2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
              2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
              2012 Ford Edge

Comment

They never caught the guy who was doing this on I30 20 years ago.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

^^^ Comeback!

Comment

It happened to Dirty Harry in the Enforcer. Remember "A man has to know his limitations"

Comment

"Stop resisting!!!!!"
                      Ded

Comment

Exactly the reason I won't pull over for an unmarked car. They use them in CO and it is usually a truck, suv, or minivan that looks nothing like a cop car.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          Exactly the reason I won't pull over for an unmarked car. They use them in CO and it is usually a truck, suv, or minivan that looks nothing like a cop car.
                          I had an asshat off-duty cop that tried to pull me over in a Jeep Wrangler once, screw that shit.

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

We need to hear both sides of the story.

Comment

I hope it doesn't turn out to be a real cop.

I'm against unmarked (or plain cars with lights) making traffic stops. I used to hate the ones Ferris/Wilmer/Hutchins used to use on I45. They were nothing more than blue/brown/white/black Crown Vics with Kojak lights, and when the officer stepped out, he was in a ragamuffin makeshift uniform.

Comment

Working...
                              X