Thread about sharpening/cleaning razor blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread about sharpening/cleaning razor blades

Ok, I have tried this since it was posted. I am on the same blade and have to admit, it freaking works. Thanks.

If you're like me, you cringe when you buy a box of new razors for $30 that will only last you couple of months (I shave about every 3 days). Well, I came across this article a few weeks ago and started doing it. Still on the same blade and each time, it's sharper than it was out of the package. gjSkgz3-2Ig

i second that it helps.

i've switched to a classy edwin jagger double edge safety razor. 50 razors for $8 shipped. that's well over a year of shaving.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
      i second that it helps.

i've switched to a classy edwin jagger double edge safety razor. 50 razors for $8 shipped. that's well over a year of shaving.
      I went into The Art of Shaving over in North Park this weekend and talked to one of the guys about switching to a safety razor. I can't believe they have expensive ass handles just to put your regular ProGlide razors on.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
        I went into The Art of Shaving over in North Park this weekend and talked to one of the guys about switching to a safety razor. I can't believe they have expensive ass handles just to put your regular ProGlide razors on.
        ya that's stupid.

did you buy anything there? they seem pricey.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

ya that's stupid.

did you buy anything there? they seem pricey.
          Not yet, I looked at their entry level stainless steel safety razor that runs $50. I'll look around online first to see how prices compare. I do like how they offer some starter kits for oil, shave cream, and after shave. They're $25 and they come with a $25 off coupon for when you come back. My younger brother switched to a safety razor a couple years back and he said he'll never user anything else.

Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

I tried their unscented after shave balm and it is hands down the best after shave I have ever used. I just switched to using a straight razor and although it is challenging it is a much closer shave than anything out there, plus using a straight razor is an art form.

Comment

i second that it helps.

How was the learning curve with that razor. I've been considering trying a double edge safety for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                How was the learning curve with that razor. I've been considering trying a double edge safety for a while.
                My brother said there's really not much to it, you just have to learn to let the weight of the razor and the sharpness of the razor do the work. You're not having to push the razor against your skin to get a close shave. You should get it down within a week or two of using it depending on how often you shave. If you prep your skin properly (how it's recommended at The Art of Shaving) then it makes the shave even easier.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                  there wasn't much to it. i started slow and wasn't quite sure how to shave around the sideburns and under the nose but worked it out after a week.

my time to shave has increased simply cause i spend an extra minute working up a lather my shave cup. it takes longer but i actually enjoy the experience now.
                  www.hppmotorsports.com
                  ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Whats the benefit of using these types of razors? I use a mach 3 now and its a close shave already? Is it just more manly to use these things?

< Not manly enough to use a straight razor... lol

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                      Whats the benefit of using these types of razors? I use a mach 3 now and its a close shave already? Is it just more manly to use these things?

< Not manly enough to use a straight razor... lol
                      double edge safety razors?
                      they use cheap razor blades. replace every couple of shaves so it's always sharp. single blade edge doesn't do the whole lift and cut so the shave feels a lot better. the razor is a classy piece and the whole experience of lathering in a shave cup is manly.
                      www.hppmotorsports.com
                      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

<------- can't believe we haven't had a "I use a Bowie Knife I strop across my girlfriends cat's ass and shave dry and use a splash of Kentucky bourbon for aftershave" reply yet.
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                          <------- can't believe we haven't had a "I use a Bowie Knife I strop across my girlfriends cat's ass and shave dry and use a splash of Kentucky bourbon for aftershave" reply yet.
                          I was expecting that one from you.
                          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                            I was expecting that one from you.
                            Don dont waste bourbon fool.

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

how about this!!

Explore Dollar Shave Club’s full range of grooming products. Discover high-quality razors, skincare, and more for a complete grooming experience.
                              Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Working...
                              X