good places for end of season gtg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good places for end of season gtg?

our FMYSA baseball season is over and i need to hand out the trophies and such. in the past we have done it at cici's pizza, but its just not good. any ideas for where else we could do this in the flower mound/lewisville area? thanks.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Hooters

Comment

Man, when I was a kid, our end of season crap was at Braum's. No frills. Kenny's has been at Pizza Garden in Euless the last three seasons.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Baseball season over the second week of May? Please tell me this was spring baseball and summer baseball starts in a few weeks.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

3rd Base in Frisco, you can thank me later...
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Take all the kids to Hotel Galvez. You're rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
              Take all the kids to Hotel Galvez. You're rich.
              lol
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Main Event
                04 GT
                91 LX

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                  Baseball season over the second week of May? Please tell me this was spring baseball and summer baseball starts in a few weeks.
                  Nope. Rec league ends early. Kenny's is over tomorrow.

Comment

That's ridiculous. When I played, all of 15-20 years ago, we played into July, then a few All-Stars tournaments in late July/early August. It isn't even summer yet!
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

That's ridiculous. When I played, all of 15-20 years ago, we played into July, then a few All-Stars tournaments in late July/early August. It isn't even summer yet!
                      I've got to assume it is the worry over heat stroke, etc. I think we started practicing in March. Then 3 games a week til the end of the season. Both leagues K has played in have been this way. As far as I'm aware, there is no all star team in this league. There was in his previous league, in which he got picked up, and played in to early July. But league play still ended in May.

How many games did you have in a season?

Comment

I can see the heat stroke thing, but that's sad. I really don't remember how many games we played. Something like 8-10 teams per league (AL and NL), played each team in our league twice, and then had double-elimination playoffs at the end of the season.
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I can see the heat stroke thing, but that's sad. I really don't remember how many games we played. Something like 8-10 teams per league (AL and NL), played each team in our league twice, and then had double-elimination playoffs at the end of the season.
                          That's probably the difference. There are 8 teams, we played each team twice. No playoffs. Even in the last league there were no playoffs. The #1 team picked up whoever they wanted, and the same for #2 team, and those went on to play tourneys until elimination. I don't know if the winner of the league he is in goes on to play in anything else. His team sucks, terribly. And that's why I've got him trying out for a couple select teams. Half the kids he plays with now are still scared of the ball, or don't want to be there. Or they just flat out aren't good.

Comment

Working...
                          X