cheapy500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheapy500?

The GT500s have dropped drastically in price recently-25-28k GT500s are popping up everywhere.
    Which would you buy? Used gt500 or new 5.0?
    Originally posted by Buzzo
    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

what car has the most potential?
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
      what car has the most potential?
      Fox coupe. Duh.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

the GT500's are a better starting point if you don't take price into account .. 5.4 and already supercharged...

Comment

I went with a new gt.
          07 GT500
          05 SRT10
          88 turbocoupe T-bird
          93 Cobra
          86 coupe
          Ducati 848

Comment

For that price if it was newer version of the GT500 yes. Not 1st or 2nd gen versions.

Comment

The Shelby name on it will always help its value, no matter what has been done to it. If the GT500 gets to the $15k range I'm getting me one. That one even has the shakers 1000 audio. Though I'm not sure what that is, a stereo I guess. Think it'll play 8tracks? Or cassettes?
              Rich

Comment

In 40 years, which will be worth more?

And if we make it to that point, what would be the better Mad Max vehicle?

Comment

I'd go new 5.0
                  -New with a warranty
                  -Nicer interior
                  -Looks better imo than 05-09 bodystyle
                  -Lighter/Handles better

If all I cared about was straight line performance, the GT500 without a doubt.

Comment

A new 5.0 will depreciate 10x faster than a five year old GT500.

Comment

As a owner of a 07 gt500 that is a easy answer. My car is still worth what I paid for it, granted I purchased at a good time and got a decent deal.

As far as the warranty point, I'd be voiding it really soon on a new gt by installing a blower.

The only reason I'd go with a new gt is to get a auto, which is what mine would be if I went that route.

The transmission is tougher than the manual in the 5.0. Which looks better is subjective. I personally think they have the best looking rear profile of any of the mustangs. I do prefer the newer front end with some modifications. From a power/durability standpoint 550 rwhp is pretty easy/cheap to achieve with a GT500.

All it takes is a simple look at the 03-04 cobra. These cars still bring retarded money. You will be able to get a 11 gt at the same price as a 50k mile 03 cobra within the next couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                        I'd go new 5.0
                        -New with a warranty
                        -Nicer interior
                        -Looks better imo than 05-09 bodystyle
                        -Lighter/Handles better

If all I cared about was straight line performance, the GT500 without a doubt.
                        Same chassis. Easy to make it handle. This is the better looking model. I can't stand the was end of the new models. That has made it hard to want one. Its a gt500. Who buys a muscle car other than to go in a straight line. Want G-force buy a sports car.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
                        Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Working...
                        X