Anyone LOSE a horse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone LOSE a horse?

About an hour ago I was driving south on 635 near the merge with I20 (Balch Springs area I believe). Anyway I was in the middle lane running about 65-70. I see something coming up the exit ramp the wrong direction. Had to do a double take. It was a saddled horse and it was at full panic sprint, speed!! Looked like he was trying to win the Derby....... going head on into traffic.. Some things, you just don't expect see driving down the highway. That was one of them.
    Last edited by 1carcrazyguy; 05-12-2012, 05:20 PM. Reason: because

Hopefully they can stop it before it hurts itself,or someone.

As much fun as horse ownership is, they are a pita.

Comment

Just wish I would have been able to snap a pic. It was certainly a bizarre site. If it was not so serious, it would have been comical. That thing was "pizzed off" and running full speed ahead and nothing was going to stop him. outta here

Comment

Probably running from a pitbull.

Comment

That's a good way to get someone killed. I hate having to get loose livestock on the highways...

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo
            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
              holy shit!

Comment

Thank GOD..I did not see anything like the pic above. I tapped my brakes about 20 times in hopes that people behind would take notice that something was happening ahead. I looked in the mirror in time to see cars playing Tetris with the far left lanes. After a few seconds, I have no idea what happened back up the road. I knew there was nothing I could do to change what was going on, so on I went. Still crack a smile just thinking of the situation. Not walking on the grass or in the hazard lane..but full BOOGIE sprint right in the middle of the lane. Almost like a suicide mission. Nobody was gonna get close to that horse for a LONG way.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                  Thank GOD..I did not see anything like the pic above. I tapped my brakes about 20 times in hopes that people behind would take notice that something was happening ahead. I looked in the mirror in time to see cars playing Tetris with the far left lanes. After a few seconds, I have no idea what happened back up the road. I knew there was nothing I could do to change what was going on, so on I went. Still crack a smile just thinking of the situation. Not walking on the grass or in the hazard lane..but full BOOGIE sprint right in the middle of the lane. Almost like a suicide mission. Nobody was gonna get close to that horse for a LONG way.
                  Easy to stop it.

Comment

This one time I was headed to Shreveport and we were doing about 75 in the middle lane. We were out in the middle of nowhere and it was really dark. So scooting along and all of a sudden I see a cow head and neck on the left. I swerved to the right and as soon as I turned the wheel I realized it was a whole herd of them bastards. Luckily I was in a decently handling car back then.

We got off on the next exit about an 1/8 mile up and there was a highway patrol at the intersection picking up a bumper someone had lost. Should have seen them scramble when we told them a herd of cattle was crossing the interstate.

Scary stuff.

Comment

I had that happen late one night on a very dark country road. I saw what liked like flashing yellow road block lights, and then realized that it was eyes blinking, and hit the brakes hard, stopping inches from them.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The owner is liable for any damage. A guy hit one of our calfs. He got a new car out of our insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                          The owner is liable for any damage. A guy hit one of our calfs. He got a new car out of our insurance.
                          Unless you hit a cow on an FM road. Then you are liable for the damage to the cow. I personally went off in the bottoms of highway 34, right after the kings creek bridge dodging a cow.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                            Unless you hit a cow on an FM road. Then you are liable for the damage to the cow. I personally went off in the bottoms of highway 34, right after the kings creek bridge dodging a cow.
                            Actually, it depends exactly where you are on what the range laws are.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                              Actually, it depends exactly where you are on what the range laws are.
                              I live on an FM road and a guy gibbed a cow with a taurus right in front of my place. He was at fault.

Comment

Working...
                              X