Roomba vacum, or Evolution robotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roomba vacum, or Evolution robotics

anyone have or use one of these robotic vacums. Was thinking of getting one for the wife for mothers day. The evolution is way cheaper, Are they worth a shit, or no?

Happy Mother's day! Now you won't have to leave the kitchen to vacuum! lol, I'm going to come by the dealership Monday to see your black eye.

Comment

Vacuum. We have the roomba pet version, works pretty well. It has trouble with our floorplan sometimes, but we have a very odd design. I'd recommend.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

lol, thanks Brad, she would like it though, we have hard woods, tile, and 4 kids. She hates cleaning the floor!

Comment

Bought a refurb Roomba off woot for keeping up with pet hair on our hard surface floors and it worked okay for what it was until it gained a mind of it's own and went berzerker. Now with kids toys, baby gates, etc., I wouldn't even bother. Too much stuff for it to have to work around and it would take forever for it to complete a clean cycle.

Comment

I have one. I like it and it does it's job, but it's fucking annoying. If there is a cord on the floor, that goddamn thing will find it and attempt to eat it.

Comment

I sold the Roomba at Best Buy a few years back.. They are more of a sweeper and work better on hard floors.

Comment

Roomba is a must have if you own pets.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Get the Neato robotic vacuum... much more intelligent than a Roomba, works great.. I bought mine on Woot for 299.00 while the cheapest I could find it on line was 425.00.

mardyn

Comment

Worthless on carpet, well unless you use it as a temporary measure for in between cleanings.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                      Worthless on carpet, well unless you use it as a temporary measure for in between cleanings.
                      We have 2, and this is exactly what they are. It's a stop gap so that you can vacuum on the weekends only (unless you're either super trashy or have 8 dogs in the house).

Comment

i bought one a few years ago, and it was suppposed to be roomba's best model, but it would only find its way back to its base every once in a while...usually it would just be sitting in the middle of the floor when we got up in the morning. after about 4-5 months, it pretty much stopped working, making noises, etc, so i just put it back in the box and stuck it in the garage. i have all hard floors (wood/tile) and no carpet, so i would think it would be pretty easy on it...maybe i just got a lemon.

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
                          i bought one a few years ago, and it was suppposed to be roomba's best model, but it would only find its way back to its base every once in a while...usually it would just be sitting in the middle of the floor when we got up in the morning. after about 4-5 months, it pretty much stopped working, making noises, etc, so i just put it back in the box and stuck it in the garage. i have all hard floors (wood/tile) and no carpet, so i would think it would be pretty easy on it...maybe i just got a lemon.
                          thats what i have, and thats what im affraid of. Think i may try the cheaper one and see what happens

Comment

In theory these should be cool little things, but reviews overall are generally mediocre at best. Considering the cost, that's the biggest reason I've never bought into one.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

my roomba was great if you planned in advanced, virtual walled the area off and picked up anything in its way.

did fine on my carpet and floors, did horrible on rug transitions. stock battery was a pile o shit.

still have it but it's put away till i get an Li-Ion upgrade battery for it.
                              www.hppmotorsports.com
                              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                              X