Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know I can be a B***h, but please explain this one to me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I can be a B***h, but please explain this one to me....

Synopsis....couple loses son in a tragic accident. Two years later, they decide to adopt twins that will be born to a California inmate in July. Several of our local Chili's are holding a "give back night" where 10% of the proceeds will go to the adoption expenses.

Here's the twist. They won $5.5MM in an out of court settlement against the company that owned the truck that rear-ended their vehicle. A record amount for Upshur County. They settled January 2011.

WTF are they asking for local businesses to do a fundraiser for them?!

yea, that is f-ed up.

Comment

"charities" aren't always going to the right places for the right reasons. Just because one gives, doesn't mean you're helping the needy or bettering society. It could be just feeding the beast. Be a responsible giver.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
        Synopsis....couple loses son in a tragic accident. Two years later, they decide to adopt twins that will be born to a California inmate in July. Several of our local Chili's are holding a "give back night" where 10% of the proceeds will go to the adoption expenses.

Here's the twist. They won $5.5MM in an out of court settlement against the company that owned the truck that rear-ended their vehicle. A record amount for Upshur County. They settled January 2011.

WTF are they asking for local businesses to do a fundraiser for them?!

I'd pass that along to someone at Brinker Corporate. I'd be willing to bet that Brinker has no idea they won a settlement. People are fucking scum.

Brinker is a VERY charitable organization. They love to help people out like this, and are very active in charities like Limbs for Life (there's a story behind it), etc. I can't speak on their behalf, but I'd guess they have no idea that they are being taken advantage of.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

This is why I refuse to donate to anything but the sperm bank.

Comment

its it aint a fireman holding a boot, a homeless dude that wants a beer or something at a VFW i aint giving you shit.

and i know i can be a bitch too.

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

These tags rule.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                These tags rule.
                I added the friggen lazorz addition to somebodies handywork
                Originally posted by Nash B.
                Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I laughed so hard!

Comment

Being awarded the 5.5mil and actually getting the 5.5 mil are two different things. Unless I missed it, I didn't see where they actually received it.

BUT, I do agree with what you're saying.

Comment

It was an out-of-court settlement, it wasn't awarded by a judge or jury, so there are no appeals on it.

Comment

Fucking ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                          It was an out-of-court settlement, it wasn't awarded by a judge or jury, so there are no appeals on it.
                          He's not talking about appeals. He's saying just because they were awarded, doesn't mean they were paid.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Donations are for people that need it IMHO. Even after taxes those folks have plenty to adopt the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              He's not talking about appeals. He's saying just because they were awarded, doesn't mean they were paid.
                              I disagree. They weren't awarded it. They settled the case in exchange for payment of the $5.5M and the court approved it. If the defendant failed to pay the money after execution of the settlement docs, the case would have been reopened for them to continue to go after the defendants.

Comment

Working...
                              X