Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

back pack advice needed (military info needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back pack advice needed (military info needed)

I'm in need of a heavy duty rugged backpack that is pretty big to carry all my essentials and gear in the oilfield. I figured I'd look toward military gear since its meant for all the elements. Are there any certain names or terms for the larger military bags? Like I found one called a 3 day acu bag, is that a good candidate? Thanks for any info.

a Alice pace is probably what your looking for.

here's a basic set up.

they sell other styles too.
    ArmyNavy.com Army Navy Store for Military, Tactical, Camouflage, Uniform, Camping, Hunting, Work - Clothing, Footwear and Gear.
    Last edited by Blackout; 05-08-2012, 07:04 AM.

Comment

10;4 ill go Google that now.
      How is this one?

Comment

that's like what i carry on my bike. if that would work then yea. check out the links i posted.

Comment

might i suggest

Comment

I'd look at something from Condor, Tru-Spec, or Propper. Those three companies are a pretty good medium between durability and affordability.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I've had Blackhawk gear before and have been satisfied.

Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Eberlestock, look no further. I have the skycrane II.

Blackhawk SOF large Alice is nice too. I used one daily for three years in Afghanistan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Blachhawk, Kelty are the two that I used, Blackhawk was the better of the two.

Comment

All the badasses wear kitty.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                      Blachhawk, Kelty are the two that I used, Blackhawk was the better of the two.
                      i have a blackhawk bag love it. also my newer one is bug out brand its also nice. carry alot of shit in that.

Comment

Thanks.

For the Blackhawk bags, would you go Tactical or Molle?

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                          I'm in need of a heavy duty rugged backpack that is pretty big to carry all my essentials and gear in the oilfield. I figured I'd look toward military gear since its meant for all the elements. Are there any certain names or terms for the larger military bags? Like I found one called a 3 day acu bag, is that a good candidate? Thanks for any info.
                          Is it for daily use between your station and your bunk? if so you probably dont need an alice pack as it has a metal frame that is fairly despised and isnt needed in your application.

Maxpedition is good starting point.

Dont buy any vodoo products they are known to fall apart quit easily

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                            x2
                            With the exception being some of their rifle cases. Most of their stuff their stuff is built for airsoft, not meant to last.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                            Originally posted by Denny
                            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                              Is it for daily use between your station and your bunk? if so you probably dont need an alice pack as it has a metal frame that is fairly despised and isnt needed in your application.

Maxpedition is good starting point.

Yea from the Mancamp to the wellsite and any other locations we get dispatched to. It needs to be able to carry my hard hat, radio, head set, rain gear, electronics, extra food and supplies, batteries, toiletries, safety supplies, gloves, coveralls, goggles, glasses, full face mask.

Comment

Working...
                              X