what would you have done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you have done?

so i had a transmission for sale. i had two potential buyers the first day and one was in carrolton and said that he wanted it and to send him my addy when i got off work and he would come pick it up. another guy called me on it around 3 ish today and since people dont always come through i treated it as if the tranny was still for sale because well, it was. i sent him my address per his request with out the street number so he could have an idea of what type of commute he was looking at but i told him i would get him the number once i got off. 7 o clock rolls around and i am in contact with the first guy who is asking several questions and says he'll eat dinner and head this way. the second guy asks for the street number which i give to him but specifically say to not come because i am not home when i was really stalling to see if the first guy comes through. this part i could have probably handled better but i wanted to keep both their interest in case one fell through. well when i actually got home the second guy was waiting outside for me unannounced and uninvited after the fact that the other guy had slready left to head to me.
    i explained that someone was in route and he dangled cash in front of me to get me to sell it to him. i held firm on keeping it for the first guy based on the fact that he was already on the way per our agreement and this guy just chose to show up. What would you have done? taken the cash since it was right there or told him to get bent?

also, both guys were nice and all. i guess it was just the principal of showing up when i said not to

Comment

Should have been honest from the start and told him you already had a guy coming at ______ time to pick it up and if he didn't show you would be in contact and he could get it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
        so i had a transmission for sale. i had two potential buyers the first day and one was in carrolton and said that he wanted it and to send him my addy when i got off work and he would come pick it up. another guy called me on it around 3 ish today and since people dont always come through i treated it as if the tranny was still for sale because well, it was. i sent him my address per his request with out the street number so he could have an idea of what type of commute he was looking at but i told him i would get him the number once i got off. 7 o clock rolls around and i am in contact with the first guy who is asking several questions and says he'll eat dinner and head this way. the second guy asks for the street number which i give to him but specifically say to not come because i am not home when i was really stalling to see if the first guy comes through. this part i could have probably handled better but i wanted to keep both their interest in case one fell through. well when i actually got home the second guy was waiting outside for me unannounced and uninvited after the fact that the other guy had slready left to head to me.
        i explained that someone was in route and he dangled cash in front of me to get me to sell it to him. i held firm on keeping it for the first guy based on the fact that he was already on the way per our agreement and this guy just chose to show up. What would you have done? taken the cash since it was right there or told him to get bent?
        Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
        Should have been honest from the start and told him you already had a guy coming at ______ time to pick it up and if he didn't show you would be in contact and he could get it.
        i agree

Comment

I usually try and give the first person the benefit of the doubt on showing up, however if I get burned once with a no show after that I tell everyone that calls the first person to show with cash money gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
            that is true, but I can't say I haven't done the same thing. If you tell people they are second in line all too likely they will give up and look elsewhere. If you tell em that it's theirs it holds interest. buyers flake on sellers all time, so if sellers flake on buyers bfd, lol. seems to happen to me alot.
            2012 GT500

Comment

Just don't reply until you weed out the buyers. I deal with one person at a time. I'm just a busy guy.

Comment

Working...
              X