Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is uverse so slow and att tech support so dumb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have no problem with my uverese.

Comment

Originally posted by brandon01rt View Post
      Are you using the new Uverse 2 wire rg? When you do the conversion dsl to uverse they dont just flip a switch and the service activates. New jumpers have to be ran in the cross connect box and a laundry list of other things(almost always a tech visit). The pair of wires ran to your house could prob be conditioned to optimize your speed. My guess at what happened was the att system showed there to be active UV connections/jumpers at your house so they just fired up the port thru the computer. What needs to happen is a UV tech visit to your house (you need to be there) and possibly if they tech tests there to be an outside facility problem he needs to call out a line tech to resolve that issue. Send me a PM if you need anything.

connected directly to the modem i get 12mb almost like supposed to dahm wireless keeps going on and off and stays at .05mb

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
        connected directly to the modem i get 12mb almost like supposed to dahm wireless keeps going on and off and stays at .05mb
        have you tried the wireless problem on more than one device? iprelease/renew???
        They can swap out the modem no problem if thats the issue.
        03 cobra

Comment

have you tried the wireless problem on more than one device? iprelease/renew???
          They can swap out the modem no problem if thats the issue.
          3 devices have the same issue, tried iprelease and hard reset and some kind of device cleaner.

Comment

Man their whole program sucks. We have the all in one package with internet and tv. The tv shit always pause and screws your recordings up and it takes 5mins to delete a show. The wireless is always going in and out, Well the lil 2wire wireless thing they gave us to connect. I switched it out with another one i had in another room and it seemed to fix it for awhile but now its doing it again. We got the new modem they have out, but not the new boxes and shit. Also, the tech that came out before cause our internet was slow as shit said we should upgrade to CAT5 cable instead of coaxil.
            Last edited by BttleFedC10; 05-07-2012, 10:18 AM.
            GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

fixed my problem used external router and opened up certain ports for certain programs that were going slow pain in my ass took 4 hours now waiting on tech to find out why I have no phone service not even voicemail.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                fixed my problem used external router and opened up certain ports for certain programs that were going slow pain in my ass took 4 hours now waiting on tech to find out why I have no phone service not even voicemail.
                its because they didn't switch your phone line when yhey did your uverse install. The tech did the same thing to me and realized i had a phone I use for work. It was an easy fix for him.

Comment

how do i open ports for you tube because i just picked up uverse and every video i watch on that site loads fkn slow and i have to pause and let it download. I have the 12mbps package.

Comment

I searched for port openings on google and it brought me to some port directory you login to router go into firewall go to add user prefered port or something like that and enter ports you want opened.

Comment

Originally posted by Goku025 View Post
                      how do i open ports for you tube because i just picked up uverse and every video i watch on that site loads fkn slow and i have to pause and let it download. I have the 12mbps package.
                      Haha, me too man. Even for a minute long video i gotta wait for a bit. Soo whats this port opening business? lol. Imma newb to that.

Comment

Originally posted by BttleFedC10 View Post
                        Man their whole program sucks. We have the all in one package with internet and tv. The tv shit always pause and screws your recordings up and it takes 5mins to delete a show. The wireless is always going in and out, Well the lil 2wire wireless thing they gave us to connect. I switched it out with another one i had in another room and it seemed to fix it for awhile but now its doing it again. We got the new modem they have out, but not the new boxes and shit. Also, the tech that came out before cause our internet was slow as shit said we should upgrade to CAT5 cable instead of coaxil.
                        The uverse service operates in the am radio frequency range. ATT aerial and buried copper cables have to be extensively bonded and grounded to repel those signals. Cat5e wire has a tight twist (lamans terms) it carries the signal better and doesnt as many service interferers. Coax on the other hand is quite the opposite. A cat 5 setup alows for a homerun install where there is a straight shot signal to your modem. Most coax installs have the wires all connected together and your rg signal will show up at all coax outlets throught your house. Tjis can be very problematic due signal reflection. MOST IMPORTANT! the uverse service is transmitted thru copper wires to your house(most cases). In your network interface box there is a device called a baylun. Its purpose is to convert the signal from 2 copper wires to a coax cable. It doesnt do a very good job in my opinion. The am interfers cause a laundry list of errors that your service can take. Cat5>Coax Sorry for the spelling.
                        03 cobra

Comment

Originally posted by Goku025 View Post
                          192.168.1.254/settings/

are you getting 12mbps on a speedtest? I know the youtube servers get overloaded alot?

I had to open up a port for my slingbox.
                          03 cobra

Comment

The uverse service operates in the am radio frequency range. ATT aerial and buried copper cables have to be extensively bonded and grounded to repel those signals. Cat5e wire has a tight twist (lamans terms) it carries the signal better and doesnt as many service interferers. Coax on the other hand is quite the opposite. A cat 5 setup alows for a homerun install where there is a straight shot signal to your modem. Most coax installs have the wires all connected together and your rg signal will show up at all coax outlets throught your house. Tjis can be very problematic due signal reflection. MOST IMPORTANT! the uverse service is transmitted thru copper wires to your house(most cases). In your network interface box there is a device called a baylun. Its purpose is to convert the signal from 2 copper wires to a coax cable. It doesnt do a very good job in my opinion. The am interfers cause a laundry list of errors that your service can take. Cat5>Coax Sorry for the spelling.
                            Soo does that cause the recording to be fucked up and it takes 5mins to erase a program? lol

Comment

Cable sucks....end of story

Comment

No, that's the set top box. Hate Motorola. If the recording pixelates that is usually a line issue. But if the recording loses sound or takes forever to respond its a hardware issue.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
                                Last edited by brandon01rt; 05-08-2012, 06:02 PM.
                                03 cobra

Comment

Working...
                                X