anybody have/build a kit plane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody have/build a kit plane?

I'm thinking hard about buying a kit plane. Looking at a vans rv7. Any good websites or forums I should look at?

Do you have your private pilots license? Ifr or vfr?

Comment

Van RV4 with a rotary engine.

The are PLENTY of unfinished Van kits out there that are for sale. I would look for one of those before I placed an order with Van Aircraft.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
        Do you have your private pilots license? Ifr or vfr?
        No I don't, just my A&P.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
          Van RV4 with a rotary engine.

The are PLENTY of unfinished Van kits out there that are for sale. I would look for one of those before I placed an order with Van Aircraft.
          Ok I'll look into that. Do you have gear reduction with that engine?

Comment

Hey!

Hows the work in the desert going??? Just had our meeting today about the last offer from the Company.. drop me a PM

Bill
            Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
              I'm thinking hard about buying a kit plane. Looking at a vans rv7. Any good websites or forums I should look at?
              There was a guy with a mach 1 in canada that was building one. Not sure if he made it over here.
              07 GT500
              05 SRT10
              88 turbocoupe T-bird
              93 Cobra
              86 coupe
              Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                Ok I'll look into that. Do you have gear reduction with that engine?
                Yes, the PSRU added significant cost to the project.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                  Hey!

Hows the work in the desert going??? Just had our meeting today about the last offer from the Company.. drop me a PM

Bill
                  I tried to PM you but it looks like you have that feature turned off.

Comment

My boss is building one of the RV planes, but I forget which one. And like mk5.0 said, there was someone on Canada that built one. Maybe DanielHV was who built/is building it?
                    Last edited by yellowstang; 05-06-2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                      There was a guy with a mach 1 in canada that was building one. Not sure if he made it over here.
                      Danielhv was building a plane. I think he made it over but I don't recall him posting any updates lately.

Edit - according to his blog he's selling the project partially done - danielhv.com

Comment

About 15 years ago we did an RV-6 with an O-320 and a fixed pitch prop. It was a great flying, fast little airplane. Right now my dad is building a Zenith 701 with a 6-cyl Corvair engine on it. Zenith offered a introductory class at oshkosh and at their factory. You might try the manufacturer or find someone by you to check out the process. If you're working on getting a pilots certificate a light sport aircraft might be a good option unless you're planning on getting your private license.

Comment

Working...
                        X