It feels goooood to pay shit off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It feels goooood to pay shit off!

The wife and I just freed up about $700 bucks a month! Hopefully we'll be disciplined enough to apply that to our 2nd mortgage and pay that off in a couple of years. whoop whoop!! The real challenge is resisting the urge to get into a bigger truck...but we definitely do not want the additional car payment though.

Man I'm stoked!!

I would suggest putting the car payment amount into a separate savings account and proceed with the same monthly payments as you have been doing. You wont miss the money and can build a nice cushion while youre at it. But that's just my opinion and grats on paying off the ride.

Comment

I always pay cash for anything I buy, My land & all 8 running & driving vehicles I have are all paid for! Im saving up 15k right now for my shop, I got a long ways to go. But once I get it all saved up. Its gonna actually become a reailty.

Congrats on getting out of debt! Now stay there
      GOD BLESS TEXAS
      August Landscaping
      214-779-7278
      Seb's high class.
      He'll mow your grass.
      He'll kick your ass.
      And while his kidney stones pass,
      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

That's awesome SEB...that's the mindset we're trying to get into, which is partially why I'm still pimping the 94 F150. We'd like to buy some land in the near future and at best, put a huge chunk of cash down, then build.

We thought about that Randy but we calcuated what we'd end up paying if we kept the second mortgage for the next 22 years...it was a rediculou$ amount. The idea of paying over $50K for a $21K debt makes me sad...

Comment

Just wondering. What type of car or truck it was that cost $700 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
            I always pay cash for anything I buy, My land & all 8 running & driving vehicles I have are all paid for! Im saving up 15k right now for my shop, I got a long ways to go. But once I get it all saved up. Its gonna actually become a reailty.

Congrats on getting out of debt! Now stay there
            Bad ass! I would sell half of those vehicles and build the shop sooner

I've almost for the cash for the shop I want, but I think I'm going to hang tight for a while.

I've got enough to cover what I owe on my house and truck, and I think I want to savor that for a while before I dive into some more debt.
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

It was actually 3 different debts...car, school loan, and a payment plan with the IRS. The car was only $300.

Comment

Congrats, now stuff that shit into retirement accounts.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  Fuck that. Make it rain!

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                    The wife and I just freed up about $700 bucks a month! Hopefully we'll be disciplined enough to apply that to our 2nd mortgage and pay that off in a couple of years. whoop whoop!! The real challenge is resisting the urge to get into a bigger truck...but we definitely do not want the additional car payment though.

Man I'm stoked!!
                    (X2) 1 month away from paying my car off.
                    04 GT
                    91 LX

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                      Fuck that. Make it rain!

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                        Fuck that. Make it rain!
                        It's the only way...

Comment

Yeah, once I pay off the ATV, hopefully in about 7-8 months, I'll reinstate my IRA contributions and up it from 10% to 15%

Comment

Hookers and blow 'nam saying!
                            Originally posted by Nash B.
                            Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                              Just wondering. What type of car or truck it was that cost $700 a month.
                              Anything over $42000 on 60 months at 0% w/0 down.

Comment

Working...
                              X