Where do you buy plywood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you buy plywood?

HD and Lowes is expensive. Maybe its just plywood in general that is so expensive. I am going to build a shed and need plywood for the flooring. About 12' 14'. Shall I go pressure treated? That stuff is $35 a sheet?!?

I never realized how ignorant I was to wood sizes. I knew a 2 x 4 is actually 1.5 x 3.5, so is it the same with plywood where the thickness you think you want is actually different in the store? Like if I ask for 1/2" its actually 3/8"?

Anyhow, looking for a hook up for some 4x8 sheets hopefully. House construction sites I rarely ever find any thick enough plywood much less large enough to use.

I think you can get cheaper than 35/sheet. You may have been looking at different grades. However the last time I bought it was 4-5 years ago for a beer pong table.

And if I recall correcty, wood sizes are assigned prior to planing. So the rough cut piece would actually be 2x4

Comment

Home Depot and Lowes are really competitive in pricing Frank. Hell, I've actually started buying my roofs there because they're cheaper than the supply houses these days...
      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
        Home Depot and Lowes are really competitive in pricing Frank. Hell, I've actually started buying my roofs there because they're cheaper than the supply houses these days...
        Well that's good to know at least. I figured it was one of those cases where those-in-the-know knew where to get the better deals.

Comment

Lumber in general is expensive, in my opinion. You can shop around, but it's hit or miss if you'll find better than the local home improvement stores.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
          X