Fat Lady has stolen $57,000 worth of iPads across North Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Lady has stolen $57,000 worth of iPads across North Texas

SHERMAN - If you've ever priced an iPad, you know how much they cost. The new models run $800.

But one "iThief" is tearing through North Texas, stealing dozens of tablets. The woman has hit 36 cities in North Texas, stealing iPads from 28 Wal-Mart stores and eight Target stores. She has stolen more than 100 iPads.

She usually strikes in the early hours of the morning. Police say she does the same thing every time, leaving groceries at the counter and walking out of the store with two or three iPads.

Her latest hit came last week at a Sherman Wal-Mart. The surveillance video shows how it happened.

The woman fills up a shopping cart with groceries. She then goes back to the electronics department and says she wants to buy three iPads. A worker then takes her to checkout.

“As they ring those iPads up, she takes that time to slip those iPads into a tote bag similar to a book bag," said Sgt. Bruce Dawsey, Sherman Police Department spokesman.

The cashier scans the iPads, and places them in a bag. As the cashier focuses on scanning items, the shoplifter places the iPads in the bag she brought into the store.

“She tells the clerk she needs to get the rest of the money," Dawsey said. "She goes outside and doesn't come back in."

Other surveillance video, from the McKinney Wal-Mart on Custer Road, shows her slipping a plastic grocery bag with two iPads into her canvas tote. This time, police say she told the clerk she was going back for two DVDs. The store's cameras caught her walking out and leaving in a black car.

The same woman is wanted in crimes all over North Texas and Oklahoma, from Ardmore to the north, to Sherman and Collin County cities like Plano, McKinney and Allen. She has also struck in Rockwall and Terrell, in Lewisville and Denton and in Cedar Hill and Corsicana.

Police say she has stolen $57,000 worth of iPads.

“For her to be successful in this number of thefts, she has discovered a way to beat the system," the police spokesman said.

And that's why police made finding this woman a priority.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Rob Ballew with the Criminal Investigation Division of the Sherman Police Department at 903-892-7246.
    Originally posted by 03trubluGT
    Your opinion is what sucks.
    You are too stupied and arrogant

Is that morticia05gt?
    Last edited by SMKR; 05-04-2012, 08:20 AM.

Comment

I hate thieves..
      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

worthless fucking people.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Looks more like Morticia05GT, stickystang, whatever alias she is using this week.

Comment

This happened right in front of me a week ago. She has a basket full of groceries and stuff and she just walked right out with 2 ipads. Apparently walmart doesn't have doormen anymore due to a suit where a guy who was stealing some merch got injured being tackled by security and won.

Comment

Same woman?

Comment

Originally posted by KWClutch View Post
                This happened right in front of me a week ago. She has a basket full of groceries and stuff and she just walked right out with 2 ipads. Apparently walmart doesn't have doormen anymore due to a suit where a guy who was stealing some merch got injured being tackled by security and won.
                Dumbest shit ever!

I don't believe it (I know there are no more doormen though).

All of those Wal-mart greeters are women or 85 year old men, how the hell did they tackle anyone and injure them?!
                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

With only six degrees of separation between us all, we can find this scumbag. Just shared the story on FB, if everyone does so I bet she'd be located within a couple of days...
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

<--------- Doesn't shop at Wal-Mart, so will not be catching the thief there.

Comment

Since when did they put security cameras eye level?

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                        Since when did they put security cameras eye level?
                        lol I was wondering the same thing.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                          lol I was wondering the same thing.
                          ive been noticing that more often when im out at stores... the home depots here for example have them at eye level on the drills and power tools

Comment

That's the view from the Hubble telescope that captured those images.
                            Originally posted by talisman
                            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                            Originally posted by AdamLX
                            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            Because fuck you, that's why
                            Originally posted by 80coupe
                            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                            Originally posted by Rick Modena
                            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

She should have stolen $57,000 in hydroxycut.
                              Ded

Comment

Working...
                              X