Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck HOA.. /thread

Comment

HOAs are nothing but money generating scheme. I rented a room from a dude for a while and IIRC his HOA dues weren't even paid to an address in this state.
      2004 Suzuki DL650
      1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
        That is some bullshit right there. Pretty sure a lawyer would have fucked their day up, no way is hell would I pay them a damned dime. In my HOA, there are a few people that were here before they were and they do not have to comply with anything.
        I hear you, but $ was a bit tight back then and when your house was on the market for 8mo and you find out about it towards closing, you gotta do what you gotta do to move the family.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          1. Can you disband a HOA?

2. Can you take the HOA to court and sever your property from them?
          1. Depends, but I've never personally seen it done. Although, based off my neighbors out here this HOA is about to be disbanded. Something about having to deal with some property first or something. If people generally want it gone, they'll vote. There may still technically be an HOA, but it won't have power.

2. Not a chance.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
            HOAs are nothing but money generating scheme. I rented a room from a dude for a while and IIRC his HOA dues weren't even paid to an address in this state.
            Mine go to an Arizona address

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
              Many HOA's contract with a management company to manage the money.. Would you trust your random neighbor, who you do not know, who was "elected" to manage thosands of dollars a month?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                Many HOA's contract with a management company to manage the money.. Would you trust your random neighbor, who you do not know, who was "elected" to manage thosands of dollars a month?
                Yup, my old HOA made money disappear until they were sued and booted. Thankfully one homeowner had a lot more time than I did to pursue it. The lawsuit I think also came out of our HOA funds though. lol
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
                  That right mother fucker, right there is what it is all about. That and the usual snapping of necks and cashing of checks.
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                    Yup, my old HOA made money disappear until they were sued and booted. Thankfully one homeowner had a lot more time than I did to pursue it. The lawsuit I think also came out of our HOA funds though. lol
                    Yeah.. By and large I do not think I would ever buy in an HOA.. Too many issues, scams, theft, politics, etc..

Then again, if I was in an HOA right now I would not have to look at the POS eyesore F150 that is parked on the street in front of the next door neighbors that has not moved since they parked it there a few months ago.

It's a catch 22 but I would rather retain some freedoms at the risk of having a shitty neighbor.

Comment

You can disband an HOA but causes more problems and cost for the HOA. There is also the issue of who will take over the amenities for the city does not always want it.
                      After looking at new home areas going up it looked like some areas did not own lawnmowers, paint brushes or had any discpline at all. We still have a few of those problem childs here and the HOA can not really do anything. Eviction of the "Two broke cars, trash in the yard, 3 foot weeds and peeling paint" is begining to look like an option.
                      The board is lazy and the Management Company is a good scam.

Comment

The HOA where I'm at goes just a bit over board. We got a letter about a dead plant. Hoa guy had to come by and point it out. It was brown around the edges but still mostly green.........WTF?

Sent from my iPhone
                        2004 Suzuki DL650
                        1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by TexasT View Post
                          No good can come from an hoa.
                          Not true. http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31829

I live in an HOA, most people take care of their homes, no cars are parked on peoples front lawns, I've left my garage door open for hours, and I let my dog play in the front yard without a leash and so far no bitching or harassment letters.

But there is one house that has a 3 car garage and has 6 cars parked in the driveway. I think it might be some gypsies.
                          De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

I just moved into a community where the HOA fees are 88 per month. Yikes, lol. Granted it does have three pools, miniature golf, a stocked 1 mile long fishing lake, a gym, water park, dog park, walking trails out the ass, etc.

Comment

HOA's are for scarred, cowardly little people who can't handle shit themselves. It's also for neighborhoods that are full of pretentious douchebags who can't lift a finger to help a neighbor.

In my neighborhood, we all know each other and we watch out for each other. If something needs to be done like mowing the grass or repairing something, people will volunteer to help out. We also have some people who have out-buildings bigger than their house, which would fry the brain of an HOA board member. HOA's are commie bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                              X