No announcement yet.

HOA question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many of my neighbors just voted me on to the board a couple of weeks ago. I'm for the HOA due to people not taking care of their yards. I will be sending out notices soon for those that are too damn lazy to edge/weed and let the cut grass sit on the sidewalk/curb to blow away. Some HOA's are too strict but they work most of the time to keep the trash in line.

Comment

I have a house in N. Ft Worth, that has an HOA. Our Neighbors down the street bought their house through a foreclosure, (and apparantly didn't normally have the coin to buy a house in this area) They continued to let their yard grow through most of 2011 without ever cutting it. I'm not even sure they owned a lawnmower. Anyway, the HOA put a note on their door....... a month later a sign in the yard..... 2 months later hired a lawn crew to mow the yard. I guess they were fined and neglected to pay, because as of January they were locked out / evicted. I'm sure there were letters sent as well, but in my opinion JUST the note on the door should be enough. This is just 1 example of the reasons I appreciate our HOA.
      If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

Comment

My neighbors tree fell in the street while he was on vacation. The next morning some of the neighbors and I went out and took care of it. We didn't post a notice on his fucking door and then start gossiping. Taking action is what an HOA is for. If you care about your neighborhood so much then take action.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          My neighbors tree fell in the street while he was on vacation. The next morning some of the neighbors and I went out and took care of it. We didn't post a notice on his fucking door and then start gossiping. Taking action is what an HOA is for. If you care about your neighborhood so much then take action.
          Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
          Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Fuck a HOA

I'll never own a house where someone else can tell me what I can and can't do on my property.
            I'm a DFWM baller so I don't have to worry about sorry ass neighbors. Lol

Comment

I was fined $250 for having one slat in my wood fence missing (bottom 9" not even the whole slat was missing) for not having it replaced within 72 hours

Comment

My HOA sucks. 300$ a year, no pool, nothing. A fence that runs around the area.

They are not Nazi bad, but seems pointless to have to pay dues when there is a vacant house down the street with grass up to knees, there has been a broken phone box in neighbors yard since 2005. I even know how it got broken! Still nothing done. I guess phones still work, never got a land line here, so other than an eye sore I really do not care.

I was one of the first people to move in this neighbor hood. First few years were great. no HOA dues... then Bam... pay up.
                Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

My parents live in a gated community, I have no idea how much they pay but they have a security service. One positive thing that happened in the past was when they left on vacation and someone left the garage open, the guard called and let them know he had shut it when he noticed it stayed open over night.

A bad thing about living in a gated community though is that the city doesn't have to maintain the roads within, so if something gets messed up it comes out of your pocket.
                  Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
                  Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Fuck HOAs. Like last year in the drought I spent 100s to keep lawn green and thick. Everyone else died.

My grass 1/2 inch to tall and they mail me freaking letters saying to high. WTF!

I want to burn them to the ground.

Shit you leave trash can out one day beyond your pick up date you get a letter. I go on business trips once in a blue moon and back next day and still get a letter

FUCK THEM!

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                      1. No
                      2. No

In 1999 I bought a house in Round Rock. There was no HOA and even on my paperwork at closing it said "Not required to join HOA should one form".

Guess what - one formed 2-3 years later and I started getting bills in the mail for their dues of $100/year. We got nothing from this at all. No community area, people's houses still looked like shit, etc. For four years I didn't pay them a dime.

In 2006 I had to sell my house and guess what - they had filed for a lien on the property because I hadn't paid dues to them. They made me pay just over a grand to them for bullshit reasons. I dropped the check to them personally and when I got the letter of release, I literally yelled to them, in their office, to go fuck themselves.

Now - the subdivision I live in now has an HOA and I'm quite pleased. I've had to call them twice in the past year because of cocksuckers that won't mow their yards. Don't know what it is about Indians (Hindus, not Cherokees) that don't believe in mowing their yards, but I've reported them several times and the next week, that shit is taken care of.

It all depends on the HOA and if they believe in providing a service for the money they take or if they just care about the money.
                      How did that happen if you had already signed and had the papers stating they didn't exist and you weren't required to join if they formed? That seems pretty easy to fight.

Comment

When our HOA was run by the developers, they were Nazis. Now that it is run my the residents, it's not as bad. Pre-resident run HOA we would get letters about grass in our flowerbeds. You couldn't see any grass in them unless you were within 5 feet of the edge of the flowerbed, which meant they had to be in the yard. You couldn't see it from the sidewalk. They have yet to bitch about the color of mulch (or lack thereof at the moment) or that we changed the color of the door when we repainted it.

They DID however bitch at us when we didn't seek approval of the shingle color when the roof was replaced in 2008. That may have been when it was still developer run, though.
                        كافر

Originally posted by sc281
                        Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
                        Originally posted by Trick Pony
                        ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                          How did that happen if you had already signed and had the papers stating they didn't exist and you weren't required to join if they formed? That seems pretty easy to fight.
                          My thought exactly. They had legal documentation stating they didn't have to pay should one form. I would have produced that and told them to fuck off.
                          كافر

Originally posted by sc281
                          Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
                          Originally posted by Trick Pony
                          ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

I can't imagine having to check with some council to build something on my property, to put up a flag pole, put on a deck or to do donuts in my yard.
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Tell that to the courts... I faxed the copy of my closing paperwork many times to both the HOA and to the court system.

When an HOA is formed and takes over, they get everything within the area regardless. HOA's do have WAY too much authority.

Comment

1. No
                                2. No

In 1999 I bought a house in Round Rock. There was no HOA and even on my paperwork at closing it said "Not required to join HOA should one form".

Guess what - one formed 2-3 years later and I started getting bills in the mail for their dues of $100/year. We got nothing from this at all. No community area, people's houses still looked like shit, etc. For four years I didn't pay them a dime.

In 2006 I had to sell my house and guess what - they had filed for a lien on the property because I hadn't paid dues to them. They made me pay just over a grand to them for bullshit reasons. I dropped the check to them personally and when I got the letter of release, I literally yelled to them, in their office, to go fuck themselves.

Now - the subdivision I live in now has an HOA and I'm quite pleased. I've had to call them twice in the past year because of cocksuckers that won't mow their yards. Don't know what it is about Indians (Hindus, not Cherokees) that don't believe in mowing their yards, but I've reported them several times and the next week, that shit is taken care of.

It all depends on the HOA and if they believe in providing a service for the money they take or if they just care about the money.
                                +1

Tell that to the courts... I faxed the copy of my closing paperwork many times to both the HOA and to the court system.

When an HOA is formed and takes over, they get everything within the area regardless. HOA's do have WAY too much authority.

That is some bullshit right there. Pretty sure a lawyer would have fucked their day up, no way is hell would I pay them a damned dime. In my HOA, there are a few people that were here before they were and they do not have to comply with anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X