P40 found in desert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
    If you're serious I had a feeling that was it, unfortunately...
    yep, machines sole purpose is to reap death......but we want them to be happy friendly death machines.
    May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
    Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
      This may be a stupid question and may be due to my ignorance on aircraft, but why don't we paint anything badass on our planes anymore?
      Let me search my photobucket account for the picture of Ron Burgandy "Stay Classy Afghanista" painted on an Apache gun ship.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

its interesting how it looks like the bottom end of the engine is just disintegrated in place. Look at all the debris under it. I guess it belly flopped kinda.

Comment

wharz treadmill?
          http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            its interesting how it looks like the bottom end of the engine is just disintegrated in place. Look at all the debris under it. I guess it belly flopped kinda.
            Oh hell yeah look at that terrain, he came in at around 120mph, smashed and ripped off the the intake on a rock, ripped off the bottom of the engine case, broke both landing gears, tore the fuselage to shreds. It would be quite a feat if he didn't die a few miles from that plane. This really is a badass find. It's like a time machine. I could spend weeks just looking it over. It's been sitting out there in the sun for 70 years.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
              Look up the Navy centinial of aviation paint schemes. There are some cool ones. Google search. " VFA-122 digital paint" it looks cool but will hurt your head.
              It reminds me of Storm Shadow circa 1987

Comment

I wish I could copy a poster that hangs at LM. It has 6 LM planes and their Soviet copies 5-10 years later.
                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                86 SVO - Sold
                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
                  Look up the Navy centinial of aviation paint schemes. There are some cool ones. Google search. " VFA-122 digital paint" it looks cool but will hurt your head.

CONA paint schemes works too....
                  Fuck those are ugly!

I always liked the Jolly Rogers F14s.
                  Jon

Comment

Working...
                  X