No announcement yet.

DOG FIGHTS (need help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cesar would say -- you should not have one dog that is dominant...but YOU are the pack leader. Yes one may be more alpha than the other...but when you have command over your dogs they don't fight over anything except to obey you best.

You shouldn't be gentle with them when you break them up. Knock some heads together until they pay attention to you. Think of a *real* alpha dog jumping in there knocking dogs over on their hind legs and doing a little lesson learning before he says stop...basically what RuffDaddy said. Edit: and BajaBob.
    2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

You guys put way too much effort into this...I'd go for shock collars on each dog and crank up the juice or a swift boot to the chops. No way in hell I'd put my hands near all the action, and no way in hell I'd put up with this shit twice.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
        You guys put way too much effort into this...I'd go for shock collars on each dog and crank up the juice or a swift boot to the chops. No way in hell I'd put my hands near all the action, and no way in hell I'd put up with this shit twice.
        Shock collars are expensive and require charging. He has three pups? So three controllers? That would be a huge PITA IMO.
        Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
        Baja-Bob.com

Comment

I had the same problem when I first brought my pit/mix home around my doberman. I had the keep the pit/mix in a crate for about a week for the doberman to get used to him being around. They are best buds now.

Also cutting the dogs nuts off helps too.
          07 GT500
          05 SRT10
          88 turbocoupe T-bird
          93 Cobra
          86 coupe
          Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
            Also cutting the dogs nuts off helps too.
            all females

Comment

I only know the ass whooping method mentioned above. Problem is, that may not do any good when you're not around and it's just some kid, wife or whatever.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I had a black Lab and took in another lab mix. Both females. As the younger one grew up, the older one was being threatened by the younger one. Or the younger one was testing the alpha dog.

They used to fight like crazy as the younger one got older. So bad that I had to push them both into the swimming pool one day to try to break them up. They were still fighting in the water. Never saw that before. I loved both dogs. Great dogs, but I had to give one away. Hated to, but reather that than have 2 hurt dogs and maybe an owner.

Love to have another, but currently have another Lab and don't want those issues again.

Best way is to get 2 dogs at the same time I guess. Also a good idea to introduce a new dog with current dog away from the 1st dogs domicle.

Maybe a lion would be a better companion for my current dog.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                  all females
                  Lezzies

Comment

Yeah James, you need to make yourself the alpha. Take their food assay shooter they are eating, etc to Eaestablish your dominace. You and your wife both.

My mastiffs started getting into it one day while I was at work and my wife was home with the kiddo. I've already told her to let the dogs kill each other before she gets in the middle of it, but she was able to tel and clap loud enough to detract them and it was done. I kept my eye on them and waited a few days to catch them myself. Once they started I ran in and made sure they remembered that I was the alpha, and we haven't had a problem again. Its pretty important to me to not have them doing dominance battles, I don't want 300lbs of dogs fighting, especially with the wife and kids around, things can get dangerous quick.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

mace.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

air horn might work to stop them. I've had good luck and never have had any problems.

My dogs get along, but are not best friends haha.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                          A BBQ would help them all get along better. You should take off tomorrow and throw a GTG for your dogs.
                          roflmao.

I have been laughing for 2 minutes straight. Best comment of the day.....
                          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Working...
                          X