Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiters take no tipper into their own hands.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    I'm vested in the thread with my previous comment. I have to make sure no one calls my wife fat.
    I don't know why but this made me spit beer all over myself. lol

Comment

• If service is average and I get what I call "minimum" (keep beverages topped off, free appetizers going ex. tortilla chips/bread, and the food is fast from the kitchen to me), I give the 15%. If it's above that, I tip more. Service is worse, I tip less.

To me, that menu "fine print" is BS, but I abide by it as an agreement to staying and eating. But I NEVER give more tip even if the service was stellar. If I'm forced to pay the tip, you don't get what I feel is appropriate for above and beyond service.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• guess I'm the only person who tips 20%+?
        1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FoxBodyNick View Post
          guess I'm the only person who tips 20%+?
          Shit no. I tip a minimum of 20%. I know how shitty that job can be. If the service is good I'll go to 30-35%.

<-- Used to be a waiter.

Comment

• A tip is always optional no matter what the fucking policy is. Policy is not law no matter what a bunch of whiny waiters think. Now only a cheap bastard wouldn't tip after dining out, but some times zero is what is deserved. I personally don't ever leave a zero tip, but if the service sucks so will the tip.

Comment

• Originally posted by FoxBodyNick View Post
              guess I'm the only person who tips 20%+?
              If the service is decent, I'm always a 20% tipper. If it's stellar, I go higher. If I know them, a lot higher.

Comment

• Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                Shit no. I tip a minimum of 20%. I know how shitty that job can be. If the service is good I'll go to 30-35%.

<-- Used to be a waiter.
                So here's an example.

On the left is a 23% tip. I think this was a good tip because he was a highly attentive waiter and it was only 2 people. Place was busy and I even said (as we were done eating) that we should go to the bar so he can get another round of guests at the table so we didn't sit there all night.

On the right is an 18% tip, which was generous at best. That was a total of 4 people, we were there for almost 2 hours and the service was mediocre. I only left that tip because they were slower and for how long we were there.

So do all tipping scenarios warrant 20%+ tipping? Why should the price of the meal dictate how much I have to give to the person serving me? Just because I order the most expensive thing on the menu (and the waiter doesn't usually bring it), what deems him/her a higher tip?

<-- tips what I think the service was worth, not what a % should be. Sometimes it works out really well for the waiter, sometimes I could be labeled a cheapskate.

/not solid barg when you expense it

Comment

• My tipping starts at 15% and goes to 20%. You fuck me, I fuck you (ala requiem for a dream).
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                    Some waiters also make more than $2.13 an hour. I know some Chili's waiters that make $5.45 and $7.45 and hr on top of tips. Some of the nicer restraunts even pay between 1$0 and $15hr + tips.

Just sayin, not everyone makes the "stereotype" wage for a waiter
                    Britty Ann makes $42 per hour at Chili's.
                    Ded

Comment

• I just know I wouldnt want my face pasted all over the damn internets as the one that tried to get out without tipping. That pretty much sums up there character. I would have just tipped and never went back, even if I thought the service sucked.
                      2012 GT - Brembo car
                      "Sell crazy some place else, were all stocked up here" - Jack Nicholson, As Good As It Gets.

Comment

• Originally posted by GARS04 View Post
                        I just know I wouldnt want my face pasted all over the damn internets as the one that tried to get out without tipping. That pretty much sums up there character. I would have just tipped and never went back, even if I thought the service sucked.
                        Passive much??

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                        Britty Ann makes $42 per hour at Chili's.
                        LOL I remember that conversation, I definitely would not tip that B just out of angst towards her
                        Originally posted by Sean88gt
                        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          You can hold people for theft of services.
                          Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                          Not tipping and the store requiring a tip for a certain size party and not paying are two different things.
                          I would have to look it up to see for sure but I would have probably sided with the restaurant. If it is clearly stated then I would say it would be theft of service.

To me it would be like having your car worked on and then not wanting to pay the labor because the mechanic was slow or did not clean your block up or something. People are sorry and thats all there is to it. They want to walk in and give a waiter or waitress hell for two hours and then just stroll out. Also what if your food is not to your liking? Do you not pay for the food?
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                          X