-sigh- my nephew is losing it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    The video that thing is 100% fake...are you talking about the possibility being real?
    Ya, a gun strapped on a rc helicopter doesn't seem too far fetched imo. Honestly its a pretty basic idea. The video we have may be fake, but there's no reason to think that it couldn't be done. I would honestly be surprised if something like that doesn't exist.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
      Ya, a gun strapped on a rc helicopter doesn't seem too far fetched imo. Honestly its a pretty basic idea. The video we have may be fake, but there's no reason to think that it couldn't be done. I would honestly be surprised if something like that doesn't exist.

Agree completely. noting wrong with the concept......but the boy is convinced the one in the video is real......and then he proceeded to tell me something about he had no problem usign a rogue or something......I have no idea of what bullshit he was spouting off and proceeded to concentrate on cutting my cigar properly while tuning him out. lol
      May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
      Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
        ... Hey, that is fine and dandy, but maybe stocking up on some water and canned goods might be a decent idea?
        Logistics nightmare man. Too much weight to haul around...
        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I guarantee you it doesn't exist...and I am 100% sure its CGI because it states it is in the original postings. Knowing how much it takes to stabilize and control hard mounted weapon systems...this is very far fetched. Think about it this way, you gotta be able to power much bigger rotors to lift all this, then you have to have the fuel to power those. Then you have the motors to steer the rotors as is shown. Next, you have to carry a firearm AND ammunition. ON TOP of that, you have to have expensive electronic optics to target and retain boresight with a flying gun. Next, you have the firecontrol and stabilization system. Which finally brings us to the networking and communication system that brings the image data to a soldier.

I just don't see this ever happening. Especially in a package that small. We may reduce the size of one of the unmanned helicopters or predator style aircraft, but I highly doubt we ever see this much effort put into a flying gun. It's nearly pointless...

What you will see is more remote control surveillence equipment and maybe a one time use remote control explosive.

Comment

Zombies are possible, hell I prepare for it but normally zombies represent anything and everything that could go wrong. I'm also going to call bs on the 1100 meter shot and the 100 person kill count.
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              Zombies are possible, hell I prepare for it but normally zombies represent anything and everything that could go wrong. I'm also going to call bs on the 1100 meter shot and the 100 person kill count.
              I was thinking about asking Jester if his nephew was you this entire time...lol

Zombies are not possible in a conventional sense...anyone who has gone through 7th grade biology should know that you have to have a source of fuel for your body to function. Take out respiration, blood, a heart, brain...any of that, and a body cannot function.

Comment

I was thinking about asking Jester if his nephew was you this entire time...lol

Zombies are not possible in a conventional sense...anyone who has gone through 7th grade biology should know that you have to have a source of fuel for your body to function. Take out respiration, blood, a heart, brain...any of that, and a body cannot function.
                Hmm Uncle Jester? Have you seen the spore that makes ants commit suicide to propagate the lifecycle of the spores?

Comment

Seriously?!? I mean motherfucking seriously?!? He's a young Marine, you were a young Marine at one point. Hell, you still do things that on some level you know will at the very least cause some sort of disturbance in others whether you care or not. I feel 100% confident in assuming your brothers kid (shannon?) is an E-5 and under and still pretty confident assuming he's either a lance or a boot corporal. Call him on his bullshit and tell him people don't stop being tards until they grow the fuck out of it. Every young devil kitten is gunna tell stories, you know just as well as I do that the bs about only the people who've seen shitty things don't talk about it is bs. Everybody reacts to stress differently. He may or may not have seen terrible shit in Afghanistan I don't know his mos or really care. He clearly hasn't had anyone in his Marine Corps career yet slap this shit out of him and explain that shitbirds rarely get anywhere. An 1100 yard kill with a typical service rifle is retarded...Max effective range with the m16 is only like 800 on an area target I KNOW you had it drilled into your skull at MCRD. Call him on his bs and maybe he'll grow the fuck up and eventually come to terms with what the fuck ever stress has gotten to him from deployment. Even if he wasn't a grunt it doesn't guarantee he didn't see something shitty in his time that normal people here would have no idea how to process. Unless he's just a base rat pog who played XBOX for 7 months..in that case fuck that guy and kick him in the shins for being a shitbird, maybe he'll grow out of it.
                  Last edited by SlowLX; 05-02-2012, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                    I have no idea of what bullshit he was spouting off and proceeded to concentrate on cutting my cigar properly while tuning him out. lol
                    You can't have a poorly cut cigar, it might rip and become useless. Good for you.

I guarantee you it doesn't exist...and I am 100% sure its CGI because it states it is in the original postings. Knowing how much it takes to stabilize and control hard mounted weapon systems...this is very far fetched. Think about it this way, you gotta be able to power much bigger rotors to lift all this, then you have to have the fuel to power those. Then you have the motors to steer the rotors as is shown. Next, you have to carry a firearm AND ammunition. ON TOP of that, you have to have expensive electronic optics to target and retain boresight with a flying gun. Next, you have the firecontrol and stabilization system. Which finally brings us to the networking and communication system that brings the image data to a soldier.

I just don't see this ever happening. Especially in a package that small. We may reduce the size of one of the unmanned helicopters or predator style aircraft, but I highly doubt we ever see this much effort put into a flying gun. It's nearly pointless...

What you will see is more remote control surveillence equipment and maybe a one time use remote control explosive.
                    You do have a good point. It would have to be much bigger than the one in the video. Even a big one would still be usefull though, anything that keeps soldiers from having to go into bad situations is worth it. Also I wonder if an electric motor would be powerfull enough to make it a smaller package?

I agree that there will never be people rising from the dead, it just isn't possible. I could however see a rabies type disease that effects humans. Something that makes people act crazy, and possibly even violent enough to try and kill you any way they could. Including trying to bite you. It would make infected people very "zombie like".

Not that I believe it will happen, but I would believe that it could happen.
                    .223 > 911

Comment

Whats his best kill streak?

Just buy him call of duty and let him play zombie mode and he'll stfu.
                      Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                      Your opinion is what sucks.
                      You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

One thing about having all those guns and no canned food or water. You can take it from those who do.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                          Hmm Uncle Jester? Have you seen the spore that makes ants commit suicide to propagate the lifecycle of the spores?
                          Suicidal ants aren't even close to conventional zombies, actually they aren't like anything zombies have been portrayed as. If you feel the need to prepare for something that's gonna kill itself anyways...well that's your issue to deal with lol

You do have a good point. It would have to be much bigger than the one in the video. Even a big one would still be usefull though, anything that keeps soldiers from having to go into bad situations is worth it. Also I wonder if an electric motor would be powerfull enough to make it a smaller package?
                          And we basically already have the bigger version with our various UAVs. The electric motors will still have to be relatively big and will take large batteries.

Originally posted by Couver View Post
                          One thing about having all those guns and no canned food or water. You can take it from those who do.
                          Or you're hungry and dehydrated trying to rob someone who has food AND guns but is more for for battle. If you're gonna plan, plan correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
                            Call him on his bs and maybe he'll grow the fuck up and eventually come to terms with what the fuck ever stress has gotten to him from deployment.
                            Hate to say it, but this maybe good advice. Educate yourself a little on his ramblings, get him drunk and lead him into saying the same bullshit. Maybe have some other people around that he trusts and them back you up.

Break him down and then build him up with suggesting counseling on/off base and to open up and talk about what's really bothering him. Utilize the "real men get through this shit" type speech...etc. He may very well need help, meds and such. He just may need guidance to get him there.

Generally speaking, in my opinion the military will still quickly discharge a service member just to avoid the disability checks and other support. I know it's talked about on a daily basis how much the military does. Yeah, they do more than they did for WWII/Vietnam and all those other generations - but they'll still throw them back to society with 0 rehab if they can.

It could be just the opposite too. He may not have done anything and is feeling guilty for it. Just hard to know. Get the truth serum out there with the JD, Vodka...whatever and figure it out.

Just be ready to have to kick his ass as well. Just don't take any of it personally. If all that fails, cut him off. Assuming he is PTSD, they still have to be willing to help themselves. You can only do so much.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

He was a ground pounder, and I am quite sure he has seen bad shit. The problem with Blake is that he could see an IED go off 800 yards away and it turns into "i got blown up by an IED."

I have tried every fucking thing you can possibly do to guide him.
                              He got drug into the VA mental hospital by 3 cops after getting drunk and going after his wife at a club. Fortunately one of the cops saw that he was a vet and took him there instead of jail.

Now, after he got out, I was under all my own personal stress and on the verge of a mental breakdown and decided I would check myself in to the same place because I saw how much it helped him. Well, they helped me, but all the bullshit that comes along with being a "mental patient" is getting real old real quick. If I could do it over again I dont know if I would go. When you say you have been to a mental hospital, people automatically jump to padded rooms. -sigh-

I am afraid he is gonna wake up when his money train moves back to England. She is so close to leaving his ass, but she will lose her visa and be forced to go back to england. this is not a big deal because her parents are fucking loaded. but she actually does believe in working things out in a marriage.

I don't know. One way he will grow up is if he finds himself divorced, with no place to live, and his scholarship gone because he prepared for zombies instead of finals.

Just hate to see somebody get hit by a reality freight train.
                              May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                              Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                                Hate to say it, but this maybe good advice. Educate yourself a little on his ramblings, get him drunk and lead him into saying the same bullshit. Maybe have some other people around that he trusts and them back you up.

Break him down and then build him up with suggesting counseling on/off base and to open up and talk about what's really bothering him. Utilize the "real men get through this shit" type speech...etc. He may very well need help, meds and such. He just may need guidance to get him there.

Generally speaking, in my opinion the military will still quickly discharge a service member just to avoid the disability checks and other support. I know it's talked about on a daily basis how much the military does. Yeah, they do more than they did for WWII/Vietnam and all those other generations - but they'll still throw them back to society with 0 rehab if they can.

It could be just the opposite too. He may not have done anything and is feeling guilty for it. Just hard to know. Get the truth serum out there with the JD, Vodka...whatever and figure it out.

Just be ready to have to kick his ass as well. Just don't take any of it personally. If all that fails, cut him off. Assuming he is PTSD, they still have to be willing to help themselves. You can only do so much.

I'm proof of this one. From gunshot to discharge 7 months

Comment

Working...
                                X