No announcement yet.

Bad. Ass.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A collector will consider it a part of history, which will supercede the value of the Corvette. There's guys out there that will buy that car, have it restored, and never let it see daylight again.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
      Ya know....those cars were neato back in the 60's and I'm sure they can still run a decent lap around a track if driven hard....but they ride like a dump truck, they are insanely spartan for creature comforts (compared to even early 70's standards), and there are several other mid 60's DOMESTIC cars I would rather own than one of those money pits.
      agreed. Got to drive a 427/4sp and it felt like a clunky pile of shit

but a clunky pile of shit owned by Neil Armstrong is pretty damn cool IMO
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post

Yeah. In it's day, it was a bad-ass, but like all those old muscle cars, it's severely out-dated as a driver. Hell, anything modern we consider a "sports car" would whip it's ass in about any category on a track.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post

I would love to build one with C6 chassis, susp., brakes, a modern FI 427, modern AC, dynamat, etc.

May not be worth as much, but would be a cool as hell car to drive.

Comment

Ya know....those cars were neato back in the 60's and I'm sure they can still run a decent lap around a track if driven hard....but they ride like a dump truck, they are insanely spartan for creature comforts (compared to even early 70's standards), and there are several other mid 60's DOMESTIC cars I would rather own than one of those money pits.
            Maybe the big blocks cars did, but our '63 coupe doesn't ride bad at all. As for creature comforts, it had what you bought. You could get them with FM radios, AC, etc. or you could get them with power nothing, crank windows, and a 40 gallon race tank. As for the '67 427 - That thing was around 2800lbs and had 400hp, probably the fastest car in it's day.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
              I would love to build one with C6 chassis, susp., brakes, a modern FI 427, modern AC, dynamat, etc.

May not be worth as much, but would be a cool as hell car to drive.
              A well done pro touring/restomod example of a 67 Vette sells for about what a well-done restored big block example goes for.

Cj,

The "tanker" cars had 36 gallon tanks, and when full, it really affected the handling!

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                A well done pro touring/restomod example of a 67 Vette sells for about what a well-done restored big block example goes for.

Cj,

The "tanker" cars had 36 gallon tanks, and when full, it really affected the handling!
                yeah my dad had a tanker car, '63 Z06. He raced it for many years, he had 5 '63's. I should post some pics up.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                  yeah my dad had a tanker car, '63 Z06. He raced it for many years, he had 5 '63's. I should post some pics up.
                  I talked to an old man at Motorsport Ranch a couple months ago that had a 63 Z06 he bought in the late 60's. He said it was just another used vette and he never knew it would be worth so much! He told me he got an offer from one of the Nabors brothers in Houston in the late 80's that he couldn't refuse. He was out there doing a track day in his c5 z06.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                    I talked to an old man at Motorsport Ranch a couple months ago that had a 63 Z06 he bought in the late 60's. He said it was just another used vette and he never knew it would be worth so much! He told me he got an offer from one of the Nabors brothers in Houston in the late 80's that he couldn't refuse. He was out there doing a track day in his c5 z06.
                    Pretty sweet, they are very rare cars - that's for sure. He will regret it. My father had a Mercedes 300SL in the 70's which he sold (ouch, burnnn). He always laughed about it. A interesting story revolving around my family is when my father asked my uncle to find him a set of nice aluminum/mag wheels for his vette when he was going to a socal swap meet. He sent back a GM wood crate to my father. Inside were the last known set to exist of a certain type of race only wheel GM gave to their race teams. It's a two spoke knockoff race wheel. Back in the late 90's we had a collector offer more for the wheels than the car. The national corvette museum in Bowling Green certified them to be authentic, and even supplied us with pictures of the race car they probably came from. Needless to say they're pretty collectable.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      As for the '67 427 - That thing was around 2800lbs and had 400hp, probably the fastest car in it's day.
                      Me thinks a 427 Shelby Cobra might argue....but I get what your sayin.

Comment

Me thinks a 427 Shelby Cobra might argue....but I get what your sayin.
                        I considered that, but they only made like 350 of them. I think I was reading an article saying the '67 427 was the fastest of all the muscle cars in stock form.

Comment

Working...
                        X