No announcement yet.

Timeshare calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six degrees of Silverleaf rarely takes more than two degrees. You can practically throw a rock and hit someone who's worked there or knows someone who has.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasT View Post
      I took my kids to one of those silver leaf pitch fests one time. I pointed out all the different sales strategies to the kids to help them learn about pushy sales people and how I deal with them. The guy knew we weren't going to buy anything but was a good sport and did the whole pitch. I also pointed out to the kids the value of going to college so they don't end up with a job like that.
      When they are older, have them read [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Influence-Science-Practice-4th-Edition/dp/0321011473]Robert Cialdini's Influence: Science and Practice.[/ame] It really explores how sales people get people to say yes, even when they don't really want to.

Edit: apparently there is another version that is a bit more informal with the same material: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Influence-Psychology-Persuasion-Business-Essentials/dp/006124189X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1335966262&sr=1-1]Influence: the psychology of persuasion.[/ame] The other one is more like a text book.
      Last edited by BERNIE MOSFET; 05-02-2012, 07:46 AM.
      Men have become the tools of their tools.
      -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

My wife always wants to hit up the time share presentations in order to get the free rental, gift card, hotel stay, etc....

This is the exact reason I tell her that I'd rather just pay for my own shit.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasT View Post
          I took my kids to one of those silver leaf pitch fests one time. I pointed out all the different sales strategies to the kids to help them learn about pushy sales people and how I deal with them. The guy knew we weren't going to buy anything but was a good sport and did the whole pitch. I also pointed out to the kids the value of going to college so they don't end up with a job like that.

That is some seriously funny shit!

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
            When they are older, have them read Robert Cialdini's Influence: Science and Practice. It really explores how sales people get people to say yes, even when they don't really want to.

Edit: apparently there is another version that is a bit more informal with the same material: Influence: the psychology of persuasion. The other one is more like a text book.
            Thanks for the titles. I'll check out half.com and see if i can score a copy. It's getting where sales is the only job that you can make a decent living.
            Rich

Comment

Working...
            X