Timeshare calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeshare calls

Anyone get these calls from people trying to buy your timeshare? About 12 years ago, my wife and I went to some timeshare sales pitch in order to get a $100 gift certificate in Vegas. Now, for the last 5 years I get phone calls all the time from these people, and sadly, most of them do not speak the English.
    sigpic
    Old Fords Rule

Nothing is free in life!

Comment

You bought a timeshare? Or they want you to buy a timeshare?

I worked a phone for silverleaf resorts in '99. That job sucked.
      Men have become the tools of their tools.
      -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

We didn't buy anything, just listened to a dog and pony show. Like Skid said, Nothing's free!
        sigpic
        Old Fords Rule

Comment

we better arrest YOU for trying to pass this deal up!!
          Originally posted by Buzzo
          Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Ive attended 3 different timeshare presentations, never bought a single one, and don't get calls or emails from them (but I didnt give them my info either).

Comment

I'm always getting calls from those shitheads over at Direct Buy. I guess constantly getting hung up on hasn't clued them in yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
                I'm always getting calls from those shitheads over at Direct Buy. I guess constantly getting hung up on hasn't clued them in yet.
                No. You get put on a re-call list and recycled.

You must specifically tell them to remove your information from their call lists. If they don't comply the first time, talk to a supervisor - get a name, date, time - notify that the calls are unsolicited, and you will be contacting the FCC if they call again.
                -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Butch View Post
                  We didn't buy anything, just listened to a dog and pony show. Like Skid said, Nothing's free!
                  Gotcha. Yeah, they'll dig up your info wherever they can. One source is those vehicle raffles at malls. You put all your info on a card and drop it in a box that gets sold off to whomever will pay.
                  -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

It's a pain in the ass. And I swear, some of their accents are so bad, you can smell the curry breath over the phone.
                    sigpic
                    Old Fords Rule

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
                      Gotcha. Yeah, they'll dig up your info wherever they can. One source is those vehicle raffles at malls. You put all your info on a card and drop it in a box that gets sold off to whomever will pay.
                      But does anyone ever get the car?

Comment

It's a pain in the ass. And I swear, some of their accents are so bad, you can smell the curry breath over the phone.
                        No kidding. I've probably been unnecessarily abusive to some of the ones that have called me before.

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                        But does anyone ever get the car?
                        Dunno. I'm pullin' for you though!
                        -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
                          You bought a timeshare? Or they want you to buy a timeshare?

I worked a phone for silverleaf resorts in '99. That job sucked.
                          you actually give them your actual number?
                          sigpic

Comment

I took my kids to one of those silver leaf pitch fests one time. I pointed out all the different sales strategies to the kids to help them learn about pushy sales people and how I deal with them. The guy knew we weren't going to buy anything but was a good sport and did the whole pitch. I also pointed out to the kids the value of going to college so they don't end up with a job like that.
                            Rich

Comment

Tell them that you must finish your cheesburger, held in your left hand, before you discuss anything with them. Then tell them your Uncle in Nigeria has a great interest in one.

Comment

Working...
                              X