No announcement yet.

Paging the DFW Docs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those values are normal as far as I am concerned...now if the trend is headed upwards, then he should see a GI doc.

Comment

Thanks guys. That's what I needed to hear. I'll talk to the doc Monday and see what he thinks, but googling some of this stuff can scare the hell out of you.

My PCP thinks the palps are benign, as does the cardiologist, and they are so sporadic (none for a few days, then several in an hour) that it's hard to capture on a holter monitor. Might need to go with an event monitor that i wear for a week or something, just not sure if it's gotten to that point yet.

Comment

Yeah, so many things that could be causing your palpitations. If it were nonsustained V-tach (more concerning that the SVTs) then you would definitely have some symptoms of poor perfusion...dizziness, syncope, chest pain/shortness of breath, numbness, etc...what you are describing sounds more like AVNRT (most common type of PSVT) and it isnt all that dangerous if it goes away and doesnt cause significant symptoms as Tim stated above. If I were your cardiologist, I would have had you on an event/holter monitor until I figured it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
          Wife came in and angrily woke my ass up this morning on the coach.
          I bet the coach wasn't thrilled about it either.

Comment

Here are the two pages of lab results, not sure if any of the extra info makes any difference. Thanks.

Comment

Looks fine...I would like to see a urinalysis to see if you have any protein in your urine, but that is just covering all bases. I wouldnt be concerned.

Comment

Anyway we can get Dr. Dave to give us free health screenings? I can donate $!!
                Originally posted by talisman
                I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                Originally posted by AdamLX
                If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                Because fuck you, that's why
                Originally posted by 80coupe
                nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                Originally posted by Rick Modena
                ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

What if everything else is fine with me but my AST and ALT levels are moderately high? Does that mean I have a fatty liver and need to diet better or is there a serious problem? I hardly ever drink and am somewhat physically active. My diet does suck though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny_Stang View Post
                    Thanks guys. That's what I needed to hear. I'll talk to the doc Monday and see what he thinks, but googling some of this stuff can scare the hell out of you.

My PCP thinks the palps are benign, as does the cardiologist, and they are so sporadic (none for a few days, then several in an hour) that it's hard to capture on a holter monitor. Might need to go with an event monitor that i wear for a week or something, just not sure if it's gotten to that point yet.
                    That's the pitfalls about using Google to acquire info regarding medications or medical problems. Especially, if it's something like a discussion board or a place like about.com. This information is entirely subjective, highly individualized, and often exaggerated by the poster. Asking for help is perfectly fine, but take the internet with a grain of salt. And remember, Wikipedia is the worse source, despite the fact that most articles look very eloquent and well written. Wiki is subject to open participation from anyone with only a small percentage of the articles being restricted.

You can find some scary stuff on the net about PVCs or any heart related issues. However, like I stated above, I actually wore a Halter device for 24 hours following a stress test and 12 lead EKG. You hit the button every time you feel what you think is a cardiac symptom, thus highlighting that particular time code for them to look at. I have a permanent ST depression in my rhythm as a result of taking a anti-neoplastic drug called Adriamycin. An electrical abnormality that I live with and is completely asymptomatic. When a Cardiologist read my Halter readings, he saw a few PVCs. And only one of them corresponded with me hitting the button for feeling what I felt was small barely noticeable palpitation. He didn't even blink considering my history, good results of stress test, and being asymptomatic. He shook my hand and sent me on my way.

Just focus on what your Docs have to say and try not to Google. All you'll end up doing is scaring yourself unnecessarily.

Comment

Originally posted by ToRqUeTwIsTeR View Post
                      What if everything else is fine with me but my AST and ALT levels are moderately high? Does that mean I have a fatty liver and need to diet better or is there a serious problem? I hardly ever drink and am somewhat physically active. My diet does suck though.
                      In school I attended one autopsy session. One deceased individual had a fatty liver due to alcoholism/binge drinking. The M.E. says that's usually the main cause in the U.S. behind hereditary factors. That's the extend of my knowledge on that. Dave can probably elaborate on a lot of other reasons for a teetotaler to still have a fatty liver.

Comment

That's the pitfalls about using Google to acquire info regarding medications or medical problems. Especially, if it's something like a discussion board or a place like about.com. This information is entirely subjective, highly individualized, and often exaggerated by the poster. Asking for help is perfectly fine, but take the internet with a grain of salt. And remember, Wikipedia is the worse source, despite the fact that most articles look very eloquent and well written. Wiki is subject to open participation from anyone with only a small percentage of the articles being restricted.

You can find some scary stuff on the net about PVCs or any heart related issues. However, like I stated above, I actually wore a Halter device for 24 hours following a stress test and 12 lead EKG. You hit the button every time you feel what you think is a cardiac symptom, thus highlighting that particular time code for them to look at. I have a permanent ST depression in my rhythm as a result of taking a anti-neoplastic drug called Adriamycin. An electrical abnormality that I live with and is completely asymptomatic. When a Cardiologist read my Halter readings, he saw a few PVCs. And only one of them corresponded with me hitting the button for feeling what I felt was small barely noticeable palpitation. He didn't even blink considering my history, good results of stress test, and being asymptomatic. He shook my hand and sent me on my way.

Just focus on what your Docs have to say and try not to Google. All you'll end up doing is scaring yourself unnecessarily.
                        Yup...Tim, adriamycin is a nasty critter as you likely know. I bet you are having the PVCs due to cardiac myocyte damage caused by this drug. It is notorious for causing cardiomyopathy. One of the nurses where I worked in Florida had adriamycin-induced CM and was on the transplant list but died waiting for a heart. Youre lucky that all you have are some mild issues from it.

In school I attended one autopsy session. One deceased individual had a fatty liver due to alcoholism/binge drinking. The M.E. says that's usually the main cause in the U.S. behind hereditary factors. That's the extend of my knowledge on that. Dave can probably elaborate on a lot of other reasons for a teetotaler to still have a fatty liver.
                        We dont even know if he has a fatty liver. He would need to have some further tests done to see...and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) is the most common cause of chronic liver disease, but alcohol and obesity can cause fatty liver disease as well. I would see a GI doc because if problems later in life can be prevented today by a little lifestyle modification, then why not?

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                          We dont even know if he has a fatty liver. He would need to have some further tests done to see...and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) is the most common cause of chronic liver disease, but alcohol and obesity can cause fatty liver disease as well. I would see a GI doc because if problems later in life can be prevented today by a little lifestyle modification, then why not?
                          Fuck me...guess I am dropping some weight then. I am not fat but I am 70 lbs bigger then I was 12 years ago. Besides nicotine, alt and ast levels being elevated... every other level was in good standing with my blood work results. Only other known health problem is sleep apnea and I am in the process of taking care of that. I have never done drugs....drink socially maybe once a month.

GI = GastroIntestinal?

Comment

Fuck me...guess I am dropping some weight then. I am not fat but I am 70 lbs bigger then I was 12 years ago. Besides nicotine, alt and ast levels being elevated... every other level was in good standing with my blood work results. Only other known health problem is sleep apnea and I am in the process of taking care of that. I have never done drugs....drink socially maybe once a month.

GI = GastroIntestinal?
                            correct. There is a great doctor in Las Colinas if you do go to one. PM me and I will give you his name. We work with the group everyday...I only recommend one of the Drs there. Nice guy

Comment

GI = GastroIntestinal?
                              Your sleep apnea will go away when you drop the weight. Your health with improve greatly as well....I bet you have some insulin resistance going on right now but you dont know it. Just lose the weight and you will be good.
                              How high are your AST/ALT?

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                                Your sleep apnea will go away when you drop the weight. Your health with improve greatly as well....I bet you have some insulin resistance going on right now but you dont know it. Just lose the weight and you will be good.
                                How high are your AST/ALT?
                                Ahh...let me find my results. I have had 2 tests to confirm the high levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X