No announcement yet.

Freedom Tower in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to think every American will make a pilgrimage there, I will. As long as we learn from the incident, and never forget it. That anger should well up when you remember that day. After all, we saw what a few psychotic amateur pilots did with box cutters to take our freedom away, and many lives were lost.

We've done a few things wrong since that day, but rebuilding was the right thing. I like idea behind the memorial site and I can't wait to see it. That's hallowed ground.

Comment

I went to the memorial site during Thanksgiving 2011. Absolutely awesome what is being done. Saddening and uplifting at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        I miss the days that something like that would motivate me.
        I hate to say it, but I'm there. 10 years has changed a lot and I feel like excitement about this country is contrived because it is nothing close to the intended design.

Comment

living in NYC, I've been watching construction progress since 08, it is an amazing looking building, especially at the base; totally overwhelming. I'm in Chelsea and have a great view of it from my roof deck, can't wait till it is finished. There is a fair amount of steady drama surrounding funding, local road tolls, contractors not getting paid, underbidding, and on and on; just hope the project gets finished timely and the building all comes together like planned.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            I miss the days that something like that would motivate me.
            .......to what? Go to work?

Comment

This reminds me I need to go get a ticket so I can go check it out when I'll be up there in a few weeks. First time I saw it was back in 2008 when it was still a big hole in the ground.
              2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
              1990 GT Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by KCHAR View Post
                .......to what? Go to work?
                Ya, dude

Comment

Working...
                X