Freedom Tower in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom Tower in NYC

Hadn't realized they had gotten so far on it. It officially has passed the Empire State building as New Yorks tallest structure even though they haven't finished it yet. Supposed to be finished by 2014. Reading articles about it, I can't help but wonder if it will one day be a target. The WTC was so iconic in American movies, and NYC, and ingrained in our culture, I just wonder if it will ever take its place. I guess as new generations come in, the old will fade away. It's amazing the absolute visceral anger that thinking about 9/11 can still invoke in my gut. I'm glad they are doing what they are doing up there.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Hadn't realized they had gotten so far on it. It officially has passed the Empire State building as New Yorks tallest structure even though they haven't finished it yet. Supposed to be finished by 2014. Reading articles about it, I can't help but wonder if it will one day be a target. The WTC was so iconic in American movies, and NYC, and ingrained in our culture, I just wonder if it will ever take its place. I guess as new generations come in, the old will fade away. It's amazing the absolute visceral anger that thinking about 9/11 can still invoke in my gut. I'm glad they are doing what they are doing up there.
    I agree. Seeing it go up has affected me in a way I didn't expect. I bet there's going to be some serious security in that building.
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

I can't wait to see it finished! I have a hard time watching any 9/11 shows. I get so pissed off I wanna punch babies.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
      George Orwell

Comment

It will be completed before all the DFW construction. lulz
        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Sent from my PG86100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
          Trick3d EVO

Comment

America Fuck Yeah!
            2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
            2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
            2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I can't wait when both towers are done. The second one is not far behind either.

Fixed!

Fucking iPhone ugh!
              Last edited by 01vnms4v; 04-30-2012, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
                I can't wait when both towers are done. The second one is not far begins either
                You drunk? Lol
                2012 GT500

Comment

I don't think it will ever replace the original Towers and it will be a bittersweet moment for a lot of people when it is finished. The height of 1,776' made me smile even though I had to school my wife about the number.

Comment

I miss the days that something like that would motivate me.

Comment

I agree with Denny.

Comment

Went to NYC in 2010 and the tower was maybe 20-30 stories by then. Could tell just by the look of it, I wanted to see it finished. Well, and the rest of the area when all of it is completed. Was very difficult to see through the big blue fence.
                        Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Looks like a very large middle finger. Love it. The crazy atmosphere that will be there once the building is complete.

Comment

I never saw the twin towers in person. I didn't start traveling there for work until 2005 so I have seen ground zero. I will definitely make a trip back to see this once its finished.
                            1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                              I agree. Seeing it go up has affected me in a way I didn't expect. I bet there's going to be some serious security in that building.
                              I suppose they expect it to be attacked considering that the first 185 feet is built more like a concrete bunker (with decorative façade).

I like seeing new towers go up, and the footprints of old 1WTC and 2WTC remain. It will be something to see a few years from now.
                              Men have become the tools of their tools.
                              -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X