does anyone grow their own crops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone grow their own crops?

I am thinking about growing some fruits or vegetables in some pots. I dont want a whole garden or anything but want to try a few different things. From what i've read, maybe peppers, tomatoes, or strawberries would be appropriate for begginners
    Does anybody here grow?

Well kinda, we call it home grown..
    Originally posted by Yale
    I want to give her a colonoscopy with my tongue.

Comment

I got ta get my props, cops. Come and try to snatch my crops!

Comment

I built an aquaponics system and grow a small variety of veggies. I found strawberries are not easy to grow as they are somewhat temperamental. My cucumbers are going crazy.

Comment

ive got melons, 8 corn stalks, two grape vines, some peppers, a plum tree and 3 apricots. i also have a handful of nopales.

tomato's are a bitch to grow, the grapes haven't given fruit in two years because of the harsh summers; it looks like this year they will. if this year works out well, next year im adding apples, potatoes, lemon, lettuce and cucumbers.

all in the backyard.
          Originally posted by talisman
          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
          Originally posted by AdamLX
          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          Because fuck you, that's why
          Originally posted by 80coupe
          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
          Originally posted by Rick Modena
          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by woodstock View Post
            I built an aquaponics system and grow a small variety of veggies. I found strawberries are not easy to grow as they are somewhat temperamental. My cucumbers are going crazy.
            In your ass?

Comment

If you want small stuff like a tamato plant do it in its own pot build a wire structure atleast 5 foot high. No weeds to less with and it will grow up the fencing.

Comment

ibtd

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                  ive got melons, 8 corn stalks, two grape vines, some peppers, a plum tree and 3 apricots. i also have a handful of nopales.

tomato's are a bitch to grow, the grapes haven't given fruit in two years because of the harsh summers; it looks like this year they will. if this year works out well, next year im adding apples, potatoes, lemon, lettuce and cucumbers.

all in the backyard.
                  Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                  If you want small stuff like a tamato plant do it in its own pot build a wire structure atleast 5 foot high. No weeds to less with and it will grow up the fencing.
                  i am hoping to take a stab at a few random fruits or vegetables and will be doing them in their own pots. my gardens are just for landscaping. by having them seperate, if i fail it should be easier to start over i think

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                    ibtd
                    why? i can grow some wheat and barley for you to ferment

Comment

Have lettuce, tomato, bell peppers, cayenne, jalapeƱo, Thai chile, squash, zucchini, watermelon, cantaloupe, 2 blueberries bushes, a dying blackberry and a new grapevine.

The lettuce did well, thought I think it is done due to the warm days. We had romaine and red/green leaf lettuce..

Cucumbers are producing quite a bit more than I thought. Tomatoes are growing like crazy but nothing has ripened.

Just give it a shot, it's our first year and I'm surprised at how well it has been going.

Comment

too late to plant anything this year? for some reason, i want to make sure jalapenos and bell peppers are 2 i try

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
                          too late to plant anything this year? for some reason, i want to make sure jalapenos and bell peppers are 2 i try
                          not to late for the peppers. they tend to grow quickly. actually not too late for any small fruit and veggies. just add fertilizer to get caught up and water, water, water.
                          Originally posted by talisman
                          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                          Originally posted by AdamLX
                          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          Because fuck you, that's why
                          Originally posted by 80coupe
                          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                          Originally posted by Rick Modena
                          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

We've got a 5'x45' raised bed garden in the back yard that will produce more than my family consumes. We actually gave away about half of the food last year. My wife says she spends roughly $200 annually to keep it up, but could be done for about half that price.

Comment

We are going to construct an aquaponics set-up at our new location. Fruit, veggies and Talapia.

Comment

Working...
                              X