No announcement yet.

The key pad around the door handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use it all the time on my edge, especially if i just need to get in the back hatch.

Comment

We have it on two of our vehicles and both get used with regularity.
      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

My truck has it, and I use it a lot.
        2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
        2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
        2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I use the one on my truck pretty often, I ride my mountain bike at some trails several times a week and don't want to carry my keys while I'm riding so it is nice to just lock them in the truck. It is also nice if I need to get something out of the truck at the house I don't have to hunt down my keys.

Comment

I've gotten quite used to "convenient access" on my car. All I have to do is have the key in a pocket, and just grab the door handle or trunk to open, hit the start button, and touch the handle base to lock it.

Typing on a keypad sounds like a lot of work.

Comment

I use the one on my expedition daily. My next car will have to have it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                I've gotten quite used to "convenient access" on my car. All I have to do is have the key in a pocket, and just grab the door handle or trunk to open, hit the start button, and touch the handle base to lock it.

THat the way my wife's car is.

I bought a lariat a couple months back from an individual and I dont even know what the code is on mine.
                Vortex rear stand $75
                8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                11 4 door
                13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I used it on my expedition. I lock my keys in my car at least once a year. Aside from that, it worked for the times that I would leave my keys hidden and locked in my car so I didn't have to keep track of them in a bar or going out to grab something out of the car without taking keys. I probably used the pad more than the keyless fob.

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post

I bought a lariat a couple months back from an individual and I dont even know what the code is on mine.
                    If the owners manual came with the truck, there should be a card with the code. You can try to do a manual reset by unlocking the ignition>closing the door>keying in 5 digits>press and hold down 3/4>press 7/8 twice>release 7/8>release 3/4

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post

I love the wifes altima, every thing is touch. Little black buttons on both front doors, trunk and push start. Keys never leave my belt loop when I drive her car. Yet she never knows where her keys are in the black hole of a purse she has.

My f250 has the key pad. Ive owned the truck 3 days and already used the crap out of it.

Comment

I used it once to confirm it works.. If I lock the keys in the truck I can simply use it to gain access. That is the only thing I would use it for.

There is no way in hell I am leaving the keys inside my vehicle on purpose though.

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post

the code is underneath the glove box area on the passenger side (default code that is)

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                            If the owners manual came with the truck, there should be a card with the code. You can try to do a manual reset by unlocking the ignition>closing the door>keying in 5 digits>press and hold down 3/4>press 7/8 twice>release 7/8>release 3/4
                            Originally posted by roliath View Post
                            the code is underneath the glove box area on the passenger side (default code that is)
                            Thank a lot.
                            Vortex rear stand $75
                            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                            11 4 door
                            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                              Only up to about 01 or so. They stopped doing the sticker around that time. After that it requires a code reader at the dealership. Found this out on my 07 when I needed the code.
                              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I only used mine once when I locked my keys in. I hit random buttons about 15 minutes straight and it unlocked.
                                Street car.

Comment

Working...
                                X