Amazon.com starts collecting Sales Taxes in TX.. July 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
    I pretty much do all of my shopping online. I just don't like stupid people and they are in abundance in the public world. The motherfuckers at the mall are the ones who piss me off the most. We're walking along, la-di-da, "Oh there's something that caught my eye! Let me stop right in the middle of the fucking path of other people to look and see if I might be interested, rather than walking up to the storefront to check it out!" Meanwhile I get the "hey!" treatment or sneers when I purposely run into them.
    sounds like you need something to slow you down and calm your nerves

now i go to northpark after work for anything i need(from the mall anyways), since the are no teens it is quieter and a lot nicer to shop

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
      sounds like you need something to slow you down and calm your nerves

now i go to northpark after work for anything i need(from the mall anyways), since the are no teens it is quieter and a lot nicer to shop
      Yeah, an AK-47 lulz.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I use them on occation, they stock or can get some things that arent possible to find in town. IE yesterday I order and new replacement fuel tank and pickup/sender assy for the fairmont. None of the major parts houses could/would order it in, so mail order it was.

They were both shipped direct from Amazon's supplier, and no sales tax.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Only time I set foot in stores is for clothes or groceries. Even clothes I get a lot of online. Every once in awhile I pop in an Electronics store if I want to watch a couple of movies immediately, but even Best Buy has pissed me off the last few times I've been in there. I buy a TON from Amazon. It is what it is though. I'm sure I've literally saved well over a grand in taxes by using them all these years. Hell, maybe a few grand.

Comment

Clothing / Shoes I will not buy online, everything else I prefer to. I use Amazon a lot. I will check for things on other sites just to compare now but with the free shipping and the Customer Service experience I have with them, it has to be a huge difference for me to change sites.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
              Its like $8 more per every $100 you spend. Are you really going to stop shopping over such a small amount? B&M stores are still more expensive.
              It will make me consider shopping at some other place only that has the same price and no sales tax.

I made a bunch of purchases through Amazon Friday, but will be looking at other places when I can from now on. It isn't just the sales tax, it is the fact that a lot of the prices on Amazon are at or above many other places, add in shipping and sales taxes and it isn't that great of a great deal.

Stevo
              Originally posted by SSMAN
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                ...add in shipping and sales taxes and it isn't that great of a great deal.

Stevo
                yup

i think more websites will start adding taxes and you will see some of the smaller sites suffer cause it isn't worth it

Comment

Amazon Prime is 100% worth it if you buy a lot on there.

2 day for "free".

I bought a toilet on there before the tax hit last month. Saved me about $50 then going to lowes. Had it in 2 days.
                  "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Amazon also has a free one month trial for the Prime, I used it and bought a TON of stuff, all with the free two day shipping during that month. I could see it being worth it for people who are buying in bulk from them.

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

You can get a lot of the Prime features for free with a student email address. It's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                        Amazon Prime is 100% worth it if you buy a lot on there.

2 day for "free".

I bought a toilet on there before the tax hit last month. Saved me about $50 then going to lowes. Had it in 2 days.
                        yeah, but if you go to lowes, at least you can try out the toilet. I took a dump in the display model just this weekend and decided it wasnt comfortable so i didnt purchase it
                        2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          You can get a lot of the Prime features for free with a student email address. It's awesome.
                          Is there anywhere you can get a .edu address? My old one has long expired.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            Pay the McCombs Business School $105,000 and you get a lifetime .edu email address ... you also get a nifty backpack.
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post

How would I know? Mine is legit.

Comment

My pop's lives out of state, I just have him drop ship that shit for me anyway since he gets 1-2 day shipping free. Doesn't effect shit here, TX taxes can go fuck themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X