Amazon.com starts collecting Sales Taxes in TX.. July 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EW View Post
    It is about time. ALL internet sales should be taxed at the delivery zip codes tax rate.
    For retailers such as yourself, it makes sense, as it will push buyers back into the stores, theoretically.

Comment

It's online, there shouldn't be any sales tax. Fuck you TX
      Originally posted by Buzzo
      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

No sales tax in FL yet. When it happens I will just buy less and buy used.
        Hope this backfires on them.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
          What if you called and ordered it? Should it be taxed then?
          Yes, phone, internet, mail, etc. Products sold to you should be taxed at your local tax rate and the money sent to your local municipality. I don't want more taxes (or any for that matter) but paying local sales tax is not an additional tax. Nobody likes paying taxes but buying out of state is a twofold hit to your local economy and public services, no retailer income and no tax revenue. Why should you be rewarded for sending your business dollars to another state?
          For states with no sales tax now, IMO they should have no sales tax for internet, phone, mail transactions delivered to their state.

I'm against a national sales tax. F the feds.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
            It is about time. ALL internet sales should be taxed at the delivery zip codes tax rate.
            This will be a clusterfuck for each state trying to keep track of internet sales from other states that shipped products into their state. Maybe taxing at the retailers state sales tax rate would be easier (which would give the five states that don't have sales tax an advantage).

Comment

How about we downsize the government? Maybe then we can finally start paying down the debt.
              Detailing by Dylan
              817-494-3396
              Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
              Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

I purchase hundreds of items per year on Amazon. Not happy over this....
                Hellcat Charger

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                  This will be a clusterfuck for each state trying to keep track of internet sales from other states that shipped products into their state. Maybe taxing at the retailers state sales tax rate would be easier (which would give the five states that don't have sales tax an advantage).
                  No it wouldn't, there are already softwares that do it automatically, and plenty of companies that already are national or global, and have to deal with much more than just the US.

I personally work for a TX based company, all of my clients are in CA, and every city and county has it's own tax rate. These rates even fluctuate every couple of years, and our ordering system handles it. That's just my end of it, we are a global company, that deals with many different currencies.

I don't think that ordering on-line should have ever been tax-exempt, you are buying a good or service, regardless of how the transaction is processed.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    I don't think that ordering on-line should have ever been tax-exempt, you are buying a good or service, regardless of how the transaction is processed.
                    How on earth do you imagine that shouldn't have been the case? The sales tax criteria in Texas quite plainly provided for internet retailers to not have to charge sales tax if they had no physical sales nexus; the way the transaction occurs absolutely matters. The state has gone out of its way to bully Amazon into charging the sales tax, usurping (amending, if you'd rather say it that way) existing Texas sales tax laws in the process. The way the law has been amended provides for the charging of sales tax, which is fine, but providing notice for back-sales taxes is ridiculous.

Comment

If I still lived in North Texas, I would get a mail drop in Southern Oklahoma and charge 1/2 of the sales tax to bring the product to Texas buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                        How on earth do you imagine that shouldn't have been the case? The sales tax criteria in Texas quite plainly provided for internet retailers to not have to charge sales tax if they had no physical sales nexus; the way the transaction occurs absolutely matters. The state has gone out of its way to bully Amazon into charging the sales tax, usurping (amending, if you'd rather say it that way) existing Texas sales tax laws in the process. The way the law has been amended provides for the charging of sales tax, which is fine, but providing notice for back-sales taxes is ridiculous.
                        If the law was changed in 2005, and they were notified to start charging sales tax, then the back amount is due. If they are just now notifying of the change, or trying to go for any taxes for prior to this anouncement, then I aggree that it's BS.

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
                          How about we downsize the government? Maybe then we can finally start paying down the debt.
                          This is the correct answer, but it will likely only come by force. Our current government size is unsustainable.
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            If the law was changed in 2005, and they were notified to start charging sales tax, then the back amount is due. If they are just now notifying of the change, or trying to go for any taxes for prior to this anouncement, then I aggree that it's BS.
                            The way I understand it is that the State brought it to their attention back in '04/'05, but that the law didn't change until '10 or '11.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              There is if you own property, and it increases annually even if the market tanks.
                              Every municipality has property tax. Apples and oranges.
                              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                                Yea, for the most part I'm done with brick and mortar stores. I haven't been in a Best Buy for a couple of years. Though I do go to Fry's on occasion.
                                I concur; brick and mortar stores never have what I want in stock.
                                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                                X