I feel like a kid on Xmas morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
    I probably should say, many times the accuracy was dead on, reading basically the same as the meter. About the time I was thinking I could do without my meter, I would get one of those way off readinggs. It was not necessarily at the end of the sensor time either. I'm interested to see how yours plays out.

I'm actually up for a new meter, unless they count this replacement as one. I had my first "hard" failure about two months ago. Got a pump overnited from Medtronic. Pump failures suck btw. I haven't bought long acting insulin since the 90's.

Always be prepared.
    Oh yeah, I always keep 2 extra pods at work, and a bottle of insulin, and have long acting insulin at the house in case the Omnipod PDM fails.

I drive by a Medtronic building going to work every day, on Beach street south of 820. Wonder if they could ever give you a new one if you had a failure? It's a large building, not sure what is done there tho.

Just checked again. CGM 114, glucose meter 119

Comment

I believe they do training there, but I'm not sure what else. I doubt they have a pump, unless it's the ones they use for training. I still have one of my old ones sitting in the safe, but the resevoirs have changed, so I couldn't use it. If I could not get them to ship, I would have called one of their local reps, and see what they could do.

How long have you have the omnipod?
      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
      86 SVO - Sold
      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
        I believe they do training there, but I'm not sure what else. I doubt they have a pump, unless it's the ones they use for training. I still have one of my old ones sitting in the safe, but the resevoirs have changed, so I couldn't use it. If I could not get them to ship, I would have called one of their local reps, and see what they could do.

How long have you have the omnipod?
        With the size if the building they have, they must do a lot of training! There are a ton of cars there too, sometimes I see a few nice/older cars pulling into the parking lot and gawk as I drive by.

Been on Omipod since Oct. 2010

Comment

A family circles around a young boy as he anxiously opens his first Christmas gift. As he tears the first piece of the brightly decorated paper from the box, his eyes begin to widen. As the rest of the family hangs on his every move, the boy begins to realize what the box contains. There's just enough of the printing visible now on the box that he screams out with joy, startling the rest of the family. "A Continuous Glucose Monitor!" he yells as his parents swell up with pride and his siblings feel the pains of jealousy. It couldn't have been a better Christmas!

Comment

I thought for sure I'd get a Pulitzer for that! ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
              A family circles around a young boy as he anxiously opens his first Christmas gift. As he tears the first piece of the brightly decorated paper from the box, his eyes begin to widen. As the rest of the family hangs on his every move, the boy begins to realize what the box contains. There's just enough of the printing visible now on the box that he screams out with joy, startling the rest of the family. "A Continuous Glucose Monitor!" he yells as his parents swell up with pride and his siblings feel the pains of jealousy. It couldn't have been a better Christmas!
              [X] Like
              [ ] Dislike

So far the accuracy has been really close. This AM it said I was 78, my BG monitor showed 80. it is usually within 10 to 15 points, even the time I was at 250, it said 262.

I had Chipotle for lunch Friday, and I always spike up a while afterwards (rice and beans break down slow and jack my sugar up about 2 hours later). With the monitor, I saw when it started to go up and had the arrow going straight up, so I took a little insulin. I never got above 150 yesterday. Usually I would get to 200 or higher after a barbacoa bowl from there!

Comment

I guess once they get the accuracy nailed down then they'll tie the pump and meter together and you won't have to do anything more than refill the insulin vials.

Comment

Working...
                X