Clear All

• I'm interested in an Archimede pilot.

2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by SMKR View Post
      Blue/gold subbie
      PM sent

Comment

• I've had this for about 5 years and after not being outdoors for a while it would reset itself, so I took it apart, cleaned everything, and gave it a new battery. Going to put it in a bowl of water to make sure the seals are still good and I'll be wearing for my next deployment.
        De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

• One of my boy's 40ct Breit

I don't think I could wear it, but impressive piece....

Comment

• The stones on the dial aren't even lined up, that thing looks like crap imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
              The stones on the dial aren't even lined up, that thing looks like crap imo.
              Where do they not line up? I am not doubting it, I just do not know what I am looking at.
              Not that it means anything but it was done by a prominet jewler that does a lot of pieces for big name's....

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                Where do they not line up? I am not doubting it, I just do not know what I am looking at.
                Not that it means anything but it was done by a prominet jewler that does a lot of pieces for big name's....
                The double set hour markers on the dial itself are not lined up properly. I am assuming that is what Big A is talking about.

I personally can't stand that look. All that screams to me is "I have money, please pay attention to me." Looks like a Jacob the Jeweler piece. The sad thing is, even at 40cttw, that's not a lot of money. The stones in the bezel are the only ones that could carry any value (if they are VVS). The small stones wholesale for around $100/ct. The cost is in the labor and the "prestige"

Comment

• Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
                  The double set hour markers on the dial itself are not lined up properly. I am assuming that is what Big A is talking about.
                  Yeah, the two at one o'clock are the worst. They are either out of line, or need to be rotated. I agree on the look, it's an extension of the platinum grill mentality, doesn't make me think "My, what a fine and upstanding gentleman's watch, I'll bet he is quite the philanthropist."

Comment

I personally can't stand that look. All that screams to me is "I have money, please pay attention to me." Looks like a Jacob the Jeweler piece. The sad thing is, even at 40cttw, that's not a lot of money. The stones in the bezel are the only ones that could carry any value (if they are VVS). The small stones wholesale for around $100/ct. The cost is in the labor and the "prestige"
                    After Aaron said something I went back and looked and that is what I saw too.

I think he said that the watch was around $25k, he has a few so I am not sure if it is this one or another one that was that price. I posted his Bentley in this thread a few pages back. The watch itself is probably around $7k so the rest is stones/labor and then being taxed to own it.

He does have a lot of money, but is not real extravagent in comparison.

His 6.75

Comment

• Ironically, when I see someone wearing something like that, I immediately assume that it's a fake. To each their own, but I can think of much better ways to spend 25g's.

Comment

• Choo$$$
                        2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          Ironically, when I see someone wearing something like that, I immediately assume that it's a fake. To each their own, but I can think of much better ways to spend 25g's.
                          Exactly!
                          I wear jeans and ts most of the time. He told me to keep it and wear it for a while. For one I don't want the attention, for two people would think it was a mall kiosk watch....

Comment

• For 25k, I would much rather sport an AP, or a Platinum DD. Most people would never even notice, and very few people would realize the value.

Comment

For 25k, I would much rather sport an AP, or a Platinum DD. Most people would never even notice, and very few people would realize the value.
                              Too few APs I like, and the DD is too old mannish for me. I could maybe do a platty DD II with the blue dial but no way he could. Anything smaller than a 45 looks retarded on his arm...

Talking about noticing watches. We were at lunch yesterday and I saw an older man across the room and noticed he had a gold Daytona Paul Newman on a leather strap and mentioned it to my buddy. He thought I was crazy for being able to notice something like that from 100 yards away. I find a watch is the first thing I am drawn too.
                              Today at lunch another senior citizen sporting a yg DD with a diamond bezel.
                              Last edited by Chopped54; 05-16-2013, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Gripping the grain

Comment

Working...
                                X