The pussification of America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
    Smh. This is why I have elected not to have kids. That and my girlfriend is a teacher, so I get to hear all about this stuff. These days, parents have all the say so and complain about everything. For instance, one day she told a little girl she could not chew gum in class to go spit it out. The girl went and spit it out. Later that day the parents go there to cuss her out and told her she better never call her daughter out like that again. When I was in school, they would give you swats infront of other kids. It didn't matter.
    I'd politely invite those parents to go fuck themselves. No way in hell I could ever be a teacher.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

LOL, if it's college or professional baseball, I don't care. I think high school is just too young and still too far removed from "baseball as a career" to justify that.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
        LOL, if it's college or professional baseball, I don't care. I think high school is just too young and still too far removed from "baseball as a career" to justify that.
        Runners try to plow over Kenny all the time trying to get home, and this is 10U ball. When a kid tries to steal home, and he chases them back to 3rd, he tags them so hard they fall face first. He's not trying to hurt them, and even if he wanted to, he's pretty small compared to most kids his age. He's just proving a point. Not once has a kid been ejected.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          Wall ball was awesome. It sucked if you had to spread eagle though.
          That was a fun as game in middle school! All we ever used were the spare racquet balls.

We had a huge wall to use from the gym. The echos would get loud from ball hitting the wall.
          Last edited by 01vnms4v; 04-26-2012, 10:41 AM.

Comment

What a joke, on every level, and if a dad sent the responding email then the other dads should collectively beat his ass.

Comment

kids need to be able to fight, it's normal. They aren't going to kill each other, just humiliate and lol at the few who get their ass kicked. Then everything is back to normal
              Originally posted by Buzzo
              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                High school baseball, an actual UIL division game-

My son throws a ball from left field after catching it and making an out. The runner on 3rd tagged up and heads home. The ball gets to the catcher with about two steps to spare and the catcher was lined up perfectly to execute the tag while blocking the plate. the runner collides with him in an attempt to jar the ball lose while tagging home, but was unsuccessful. The runner is called out AND ejected for the unnecessary contact.
                That is the correct call for HS ball. The runner MUST slide if he's going to continue to home plate while the catcher has possession of the ball, or will earn the out and be ejected from the game by creating a collision.

There was a parent who is also an umpire for UIL game and he said that was the correct call. If the runner would have been safe, the catcher would have been ejected.
                I believe this is incorrect, at least when worded so simply. The catcher has the right to be base path when he has the ball in his possession, and even if the runner were to somehow slide under his tag, the catcher was still in the right. Now, maybe if the catcher is blocking the base path and the ball is still in the air, (creating a collision w/o the ball), that scenario is probably grounds for ejection, which it should be.

Comment

I dunno. When my wife told me yesterday, my boy was sitting on my lap and him getting into trouble was mentioned. He looked at me with puppy dog eyes when I asked to explain what he did. After said explanation I laughed. The relief on his face was priceless. We did tell him to lay off the rough stuff and do what the teacher said, but did have a long talk with both boys about "know when to fold 'em" and when to defend themselves. It went well. Very productive.

Comment

shit i remember "open chest" many days of a bruised up chest. now days i would be in jail playing open butt with bubba

Comment

Ever play "who can get on the merry-go-round at full speed?" It made children men. It also made a few cripples.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        Ever play "who can get on the merry-go-round at full speed?" It made children men. It also made a few cripples.
                        I thought it was "who can get off the merry-go-round at full speed?"

Broke my collarbone jumping off.
                        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                          I thought it was "who can get off the merry-go-round at full speed?"

Broke my collarbone jumping off.
                          Getting off was pretty easy, getting on was the widow maker.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

King of the Mountain was another good one. Especially when played on a merry-go-round.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                              Getting off was pretty easy, getting on was the widow maker.
                              someone thats net savvy post the moped and merry go round vids

god bless.
                              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                                someone thats net savvy post the moped and merry go round vids

god bless.
                                Which one?

Comment

Working...
                                X