X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News!!!

Scientist claims discovery of "G-spot"structure, other experts unconvinced

By Ryan Jaslow Topics News , Sex and Relationships , Research
    (Credit: CBS/AP) (CBS News) The elusive "G-spot" erogenous zone has finally been discovered, at least according to the author of a new study. Dr. Adam Ostrzenski, a researcher at the Institute of Gynecology in St. Petersburg, Fla. says he discovered the anatomic structure other researchers have been unable to find after conducting an autopsy and hopes his research can improve the field of sexual medicine.

Does a woman's G-spot actually exist? Study has answer

"This study confirmed the anatomic existence of the G-spot, which may lead to a better understanding and improvement of female sexual function," Ostrzenski, who had previously been a professor of gynecology at Florida International University, said in a written statement.

So where exactly is the G-spot? According to Ostrzenski, there is a "bluish grape-like" sac-structure located on the back wall of the triangular shaped perineal membrane that fills the space between the arms of the pubic arch. The spot has three distinct regions, says Ostrzenski and includes a rope-like vessel structure that appears to be erectile tissue located between layers of the vaginal wall. The discovery came after a dissection of an 83-year-old Polish woman. According to the Los Angeles Times, Poland allows the dissection of human remains soon after death, when fine distinctions in tissue remain easy to see. Ostrzenski's study is published online in the April 25 issue of the Journal of Sexual Medicine.

The new study follows a January review of 60 years worth of scientific literature on the hard-to-spot erogenous zone, also published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, that found no evidence of any anatomic structure that may be a G-spot, HealthPop reported.

"Without a doubt, a discreet anatomic entity called the G-spot does not exist," study author Dr. Amichai Kilchevsky, a urology resident at Yale-New Haven Hospital in Connecticut, said at the time.

Commenting on Ostrzenski's new study, Kilchevsy told MSNBC "It's speculation. It is almost impossible to say what it is, based on what he describes."

That sentiment is shared with other experts in the field. "It's a single case study involving the dissection of the body of one woman whose sexual experiences are unknown to us," sex researcher Dr. Debby Herbenick, a sexual-health educator at the Kinsey Institute wrote in a blog on The Daily Beast. "We don't know how many women (if any) have similar structures."

Sexual medicine researcher Dr. Barry Komisaruk, professor of psychology at Rutgers University co-wrote a critical commentary on Ostrzenski's new study that he anticipates will be published in the print issue of the same journal. The commentary sent to HealthPop, which was co-authored by researchers Dr. Emmanuele A. Jannini, of the University of L'Aquila in Italy and Dr. Beverly Whipple, past-director of the International Society for the Study of Women's Sexual Health who coined the term "G-spot" in 1981 , reads, "We submit that the author's claim to have discovered 'the' G-spot does not fulfill the most fundamental scientific criteria."

The single biggest shortcoming in the research, Dr. Komisaruk told HealthPop in an email, was that Ostrzenski failed to characterize the type of tissue he dissected, "which is standard procedure." Komisaruk says a microscope could have easily identified whether the tissue in question is grandular, erectile, a blood vessel or other type of duct, whether the tissue contains nerves or muscle tissue.

"These are basic questions that could inform the possible function of the dissected tissue," Komisaruk told HealthPop. "Without such information, there is no indication of what function it might serve."

Komisaruk's research suggests the G-spot isn't a specific anatomic structure, but a zone or area that's activated when pressure is placed on the vagina's anterior wall. That pressure, he said, is actually pushing on other sensitive structures including the urethra, Skene's gland (also known as the "female prostate"), and clitoris.

The infamous G-spot was named for German gynecologist Ernst Grafenberg, who in 1950 wrote, "an erotic zone always could be demonstrated on the anterior wall of the vaginal along the course of the urethra." Sex researchers Dr. John Perry and Dr. Beverly Whipple dubbed this area the G-spot in 1981 when they replicated Grafenberg's findings in their own research.

Whipple emphatically told the L.A. Times the new study ignores research since her 1981 study that says there is no single magical on-off switch for a woman's sexual pleasure.

"No, there is not an 'it'!" Whipple said. "It is not one entity."

i just lick their belly button..........................from the inside!

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

<---Doesn't care
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

They want to advance sexual medicine? Come out with a drug that makes me not blow my load in 2 strokes.
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
          They want to advance sexual medicine? Come out with a drug that makes me not blow my load in 2 strokes.
          Al Bundy: "oprah, oprah, oprah, oprah"

Comment

Maybe some sore of numbing medicine but then that would also prevent other enjoyable qualities...honestly dude, you just gotta get laid more in order to build up a tolerance...that is my take
            Originally posted by Sean88gt
            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Jack off more
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                Maybe some sore of numbing medicine but then that would also prevent other enjoyable qualities...honestly dude, you just gotta get laid more in order to build up a tolerance...that is my take
                Have you seen that fucking guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                  Jack off more
                  not the same....not that I would know this or anything....I'm just saying it's what I've heard.

Comment

Four or five Jack and Cokes and I could pound my way to China going the short route through the earth.

On a related note, one of my friends had back surgery and was put on a pain med and the doctor told him one of the side effects was that he wouldn't blow his load. Maybe Dr. Dave can figure that one out and get you a prescrip?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                      Have you seen that fucking guy?
                      Nope, not that I can recall
                      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Other breaking news! I still don't care! I will still treat it like a steer wrestling event, grab them by the head, throw them down, and try and finish the job as quick as possible!
                        Originally posted by Nash B.
                        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I last a bit longer than 2 pumps lol
                          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                            not the same....not that I would know this or anything....I'm just saying.

Then use this...lol

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Fleshlight-Pink-Stamina-Training-Quantity/dp/B00757EEC6/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1335383222&sr=8-23"]http://www.amazon.com/Fleshlight-Pink-Stamina-Training-Quantity/dp/B00757EEC6/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1335383222&sr=8-23[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                              Other breaking news! I still don't care! I will still treat it like a steer wrestling event, grap them by the head, throw them down, and try and finish the job as quick as possible!
                              Grap huh? Into Rape much

Comment

Working...
                              X