Vacuums and dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuums and dogs

Looking for a new Vacuum recommendation here as I left my Dyson back home in Wisconsin and I have a cheapo one here.

I'm looking for something that works with real low/tight carpet and is targeted towards pet hair/dander. I'd like to keep it to about $250ish (shipped or locally) as I will only use this for two rooms.

Originally posted by roliath View Post
    Looking for a new Vacuum recommendation here as I left my Dyson back home in Wisconsin and I have a cheapo one here.

I'm looking for something that works with real low/tight carpet and is targeted towards pet hair/dander. I'd like to keep it to about $250ish (shipped or locally) as I will only use this for two rooms.
    why would you leave your Dyson??? Dyson's suck!

Comment

For $250 you could easily get a female Romany Gypsy to hand pick the pet dander from your carpet for a year. Odds of great tits are also in your favor.

Comment

Originally posted by daisydoesdallas View Post
        why would you leave your dyson??? Dyson's suck!
        x2 she would know
        Originally posted by Nash B.
        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

The best vac I have is a kirby from the 60's, but my wife wanted a newer one because she doesn't know what's good for her. So we bought a Riccar. It's been pretty good.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Shark navigator. think theyre about 180 and pretty comparable to Dyson vacuums according to all the reviews ive read.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              The best vac I have is a kirby from the 60's, but my wife wanted a newer one because she doesn't know what's good for her. So we bought a Riccar. It's been pretty good.
              so what your saying is the wife likes newer models......

LOL I kid, what I can't believe I am the one saying this before the leg humpers

Comment

I second the shark. Equal to or Better than a dyson in many aspects. At least the early dysons. My mom as well as a few other friends traded their dysons in for a shark. And by traded, I mean threw them in a closet and bought a shark to use instead.

Comment

Originally posted by DaisyDoesDallas View Post
                  why would you leave your Dyson??? Dyson's suck!
                  It was a DC25, house was wood floors and lots of snow. That vacuum took a beating with all the shit we brought into the house.

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                  Growing up my mom was making payments on a Kirby. Man, I can't bring myself to pay 1k for a vacuum though (or not sure how much they are now).

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                  Shark navigator. think theyre about 180 and pretty comparable to Dyson vacuums according to all the reviews ive read.
                  I saw those on Amazon too, with good reviews. I'll look more into those. Thanks! (Any specific model?)

Comment

Originally posted by DaisyDoesDallas View Post
                    so what your saying is the wife likes newer models......

LOL I kid, what I can't believe I am the one saying this before the leg humpers

The kirby is the muscle car of vacuums. That thing would vacuum up a full grown cat if you didn't hold onto it. I remember cleaning up a throw rug we had, and I sucked up a 4x6' rubber holder under it in a split second. That thing is a beast.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                      I saw those on Amazon too, with good reviews. I'll look more into those. Thanks!
                      Yeah I have one and i love it, only downside is the track width is a little narrower than most vacuums but its a small price to pay.

Comment

Refurbed Dyson on the Woot Off right now, $199.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                        Originally posted by Denny
                        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

After getting a Dyson DC41 Animal we won't ever go back to anything else. It's insane how much more dog hair and stuff it picks up.

Comment

My wife wants a Dyson.....I just ignore her and let her keep using the old hoover.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                              Refurbed Dyson on the Woot Off right now, $199.
                              http://www.woot.com/
                              fuck well now i'm torn.

Either that or 200 on a Shark?

EDIT: Actually, not sold on the warranty, would prefer the 7 year warranty the Shark offers.

Comment

Working...
                              X