X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DaisyDoesDallas View Post
    Matt fight!!!

He would fight himself if he could..

Why hasn't this thread been moved to the smackatorum?
    Ninja please.....

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    I like it right where it is, babe...

I'm glad you use your mod powers at your whim......

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
      With the civil legal system the way it is today, do you really need me to explain it to you???
      Yeah, you do, since you went out of your way to make a point.

Stevo
      Originally posted by SSMAN
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
        I see where you're going to try to go with this, but stop before you get there. People in the Army get their shit pushed in for breaking the rules, cops get a slap on the wrist and some desk duty...

Yea, you're right, there's never any suspensions or terminations.

You are so wrong it's bullshit. Hell, I got a 3 day suspension for just saying "CPT" and a black female in another room overheard me and complained saying it was racist and she was offended.

So tell me again about those "slap on the wrists"???

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
          Yeah, you do, since you went out of your way to make a point.

Stevo
          The funny thing is I'm not required to point out the common place. If you can't figure it out, then tough shit.

Comment

Has the Army ever shot innocents??...... etc...
            I'm not advocating shooting dogs without looking at the circumstances and I don't immediately jump to "Well do you think your door is a magical containment facility?" Army makes VERY sure of any target it engages and is held to far higher standards than any police officer. Want to know what happens if we kick in a door and shoot innocents? Court Martial, prison time, Obama gunning for your head, the leader of country it happened in calling for your head and the military system lockign you down immediately.

None of this "on leave with pay" or "desk duty." You're locked down completely. Do you really want to compare tactics against insurgents in war zones with police actions on American citizens?

I really can do this. I'm just asking if you're really wanting to do this.
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Yea, you're right, there's never any suspensions or terminations.

You are so wrong it's bullshit. Hell, I got a 3 day suspension for just saying "CPT" and a black female in another room overheard me and complained saying it was racist and she was offended.

So tell me again about those "slap on the wrists"???
              Did you get reduction in rank and pay with extra duty? If not, it's a slap on the wrist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                I'm not advocating shooting dogs without looking at the circumstances and I don't immediately jump to "Well do you think your door is a magical containment facility?" Army makes VERY sure of any target it engages and is held to far higher standards than any police officer. Want to know what happens if we kick in a door and shoot innocents? Court Martial, prison time, Obama gunning for your head, the leader of country it happened in calling for your head and the military system lockign you down immediately.

None of this "on leave with pay" or "desk duty." You're locked down completely. Do you really want to compare tactics against insurgents in war zones with police actions on American citizens?

I really can do this. I'm just asking if you're really wanting to do this.
                So all this happens immediately? I had office hours for insubordination to a boot LT and I didn't get any confinement or suspended pay until after the office hours was held. Don't give me that bullshit you're trying to feed me, I know how the system works.

Comment

Did you get reduction in rank and pay with extra duty? If not, it's a slap on the wrist.

You cannot receive extra duty without pay in the para military world.

I'll disagree with you, a $1,300 fine for saying three consecutive letters to a person that was never meant to be overheard by an eavesdropper seems pretty harsh to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by futant View Post
                    Good post. Sounds like there are reasonible investigations into this to me.
                    Let me move out of the way now so other posters can come in here and try to railroad you.
                    There's always going to be some idiot on the force, just like any other job. You can't account for everything. I hate the cops as much as the next guy but you know it's got to be annoying when your daily job involves a dog trying to maul you ON TOP of why you're there for in the first place.

It's not like every ATF douche shots himself in the foot because there is a video on the internet of it.
                    I can be as reasonable as can be and these dickwads will still enjoy taking illogical jabs.

Comment

So all this happens immediately? I had office hours for insubordination to a boot LT and I didn't get any confinement or suspended pay until after the office hours was held. Don't give me that bullshit you're trying to feed me, I know how the system works.
                      The confinement? Yes. They don't put you on a desk if you shoot up the wrong house. You get IMMEDIATELY pulled from your team and put on lock down. I'm sure you know how the system works as I'm sure you have been in a fire team in combat ops, which is why I'm rather confused as to why you are misstating what happens when you open fire on civilians in the military.

Hell, we don't even have the luxury of civilian trials. We have TRIBUNALS. And before you even get there, your team leader and platoon Sargent evaluates you. You become a hazard as that action could have turned an entire country against our forces (as we've seen).

Comment

The confinement? Yes. They don't put you on a desk if you shoot up the wrong house. You get IMMEDIATELY pulled from your team and put on lock down. I'm sure you know how the system works as I'm sure you have been in a fire team in combat ops, which is why I'm rather confused as to why you are misstating what happens when you open fire on civilians in the military.

Hell, we don't even have the luxury of civilian trials. We have TRIBUNALS. And before you even get there, your team leader and platoon Sargent evaluates you. You become a hazard as that action could have turned an entire country against our forces (as we've seen).

Let me make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Dogs were shot here, or was it people????

Comment

I can be as reasonable as can be and these dickwads will still enjoy taking illogical jabs.

Examples of you being reasonable?

Comment

• Dickwads?

Why the name calling? That so juvenile........................

We are just trying to have a conversation.

(sarcasm)
                            Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                            Your opinion is what sucks.
                            You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              Examples of you being reasonable?
                              Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                              There needs to be an overhaul of the entire policing system, but there is a few downfalls to a "one size fits all" police standard.

I can tell you the first people that would scream is the ACLU.

They are afraid of a national police force, it would reek of big brother on roids.

If there was a national standard for policing, I'm sure there would be some federal liability and the feds don't want that.

Back on topic.

You guys have no clue what goes into a dog shooting. They are classified as "CPI" (Critical Police Incidents) and the last one I did where the officer was attacked he shot at and missed the dog. The dog decided he didn't want to eat the officer after the loud bang and ran.

I still have to do a complete supervisory investigation which entails calling Crime Scene out to do a detailed scale diagram of the scene. It ends up being about a 35 page report.

Trust me, every one of my peeps know what goes into a CPI, and how I dislike them. If there is an option, they are to exercise it. I don't like killing dogs, but there are times that it is justified (no, and not just because a dog barks at someone).

Animal Control has even put out a slide show presentation on the true signs of aggression of dogs. I've held documented training on it to reduce these kinds of incidents.

Guys, the short answer is I don't have a answer that will fit every scenario. The span of control I have is all I can do, and I don't like seeing this any more than any of you do.
                              I guess it's just too convenient for you to skip over anything logical and reasonable to take a jab or make an insult.

But keep it up, I'm sure you being filled with hatred will catch up to you someday.

Comment

Let me make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Dogs were shot here, or was it people????
                                Initially dogs, however you made the leap of one dog being representative of all dogs which means that anytime a cop feels 'threatened' (dog hiding in a corner and cop just wanting to get his gun off) he is justified in shooting. If you can extrapolate the actions of all dogs from the action of one, then the actions of all cops can be extrapolated by the actions of one.

Guess which one I'm more worried about day to day. A strange dog attacking me, or a cop getting the address wrong and shooting my dog, kicking in my door and shooting my family

Comment

Working...
                                X