Garland SWAT get 3 dogs in one raid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
    Can you show me a case where a criminal kicked in the door of a homeowner and then sued the homeowner for injuries sustained from a guard dog attacking in the commission of that crime?

Stevo

I know of one that transpired close to 20 years ago in which a golf course/country club installed two Dobermans after being broken into 2-3 times, and at which the guy came back, broke in, and got mauled. That POS sued and won a couple million because they hadn't posted signs on the dogs.

Can't give you a link but that is a factual case.
    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Just want to point out that I've done shots of tequila with Osiris in his kitchen. ...

Also the coolest cop I know...
      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mikec View Post
        I know of one that transpired close to 20 years ago in which a golf course/country club installed two Dobermans after being broken into 2-3 times, and at which the guy came back, broke in, and got mauled. That POS sued and won a couple million because they hadn't posted signs on the dogs.

Can't give you a link but that is a factual case.
        Would that place be a business or a home? I believe the laws are different for each.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
          There needs to be an overhaul of the entire policing system, but there is a few downfalls to a "one size fits all" police standard.

I can tell you the first people that would scream is the ACLU.

They are afraid of a national police force, it would reek of big brother on roids.

If there was a national standard for policing, I'm sure there would be some federal liability and the feds don't want that.

Back on topic.

You guys have no clue what goes into a dog shooting. They are classified as "CPI" (Critical Police Incidents) and the last one I did where the officer was attacked he shot at and missed the dog. The dog decided he didn't want to eat the officer after the loud bang and ran.

I still have to do a complete supervisory investigation which entails calling Crime Scene out to do a detailed scale diagram of the scene. It ends up being about a 35 page report.

Trust me, every one of my peeps know what goes into a CPI, and how I dislike them. If there is an option, they are to exercise it. I don't like killing dogs, but there are times that it is justified (no, and not just because a dog barks at someone).

Animal Control has even put out a slide show presentation on the true signs of aggression of dogs. I've held documented training on it to reduce these kinds of incidents.

Guys, the short answer is I don't have a answer that will fit every scenario. The span of control I have is all I can do, and I don't like seeing this any more than any of you do.
          Good post. Sounds like there are reasonible investigations into this to me.
          Let me move out of the way now so other posters can come in here and try to railroad you.
          There's always going to be some idiot on the force, just like any other job. You can't account for everything. I hate the cops as much as the next guy but you know it's got to be annoying when your daily job involves a dog trying to maul you ON TOP of why you're there for in the first place.

It's not like every ATF douche shots himself in the foot because there is a video on the internet of it.

Comment

Would that place be a business or a home? I believe the laws are different for each.

Stevo
            I realize that you just want to argue the point, knew even as I posted it that you were going to go to hammer the distinction between home and business. I was merely pointing out what you already know, that people/entities do get sued over that bullshit.

Anyone want a cup of coffee? Thinking about swinging through mickey d's in a few...
            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mikec View Post
              I realize that you just want to argue the point, knew even as I posted it that you were going to go to hammer the distinction between home and business. I was merely pointing out what you already know, that people/entities do get sued over that bullshit.

Anyone want a cup of coffee? Thinking about swinging through mickey d's in a few...
              Not at all, I just specifically mentioned what I did when I first asked him about it waaaay back at the beginning when he made the comment about the forum member getting sued for his dog attacking a home intruder. Matt started trying to peel it off one way by suddenly changing the location to outside the residence, others are making claims that apply to other states, yours mentioned a commercial business, I was being specific to the one post that started the shit, to the one where Matt told the guy he would get sued if his dog attacked an intruder forcing his way into his home.

Stevo
              Originally posted by SSMAN
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• It's all good man. And it is funny when he alters course of a sudden. It's like 'whoops', let's try this way. Bet he's a squirrelly one on the stand...
                www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

• Matt fight!!!

He would fight himself if he could..

Why hasn't this thread been moved to the smackatorum?

Comment

• Originally posted by DaisyDoesDallas View Post
                    Matt fight!!!

He would fight himself if he could..

Why hasn't this thread been moved to the smackatorum?
                    I like it right where it is, babe...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      You don't have anyone riled up, we're all laughing at you. And I do mean at you, not with you....
                      Best post in the thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                        Have cops ever shot innocents or engaged in unlawful activities?

If a cop can shoot a dog because of past actions of other dogs, wouldn't it make sense that cops can be shot for past actions of other cops?

Edited to add: No, I do not think shooting cops is a good thing, just in case someone thought otherwise. However, I'm sure most of you know my view on trespassing
                        Has the Army ever shot innocents??...... etc...

Comment

Okay cocksucker, tell us all what kind of 'context' you implied when you told someone they would get sued for their dog attacking an intruder that has forcibly entered into their own house. I cannot wait to hear your bullshit reasoning behind this one...

Stevo
                          With the civil legal system the way it is today, do you really need me to explain it to you???

Comment

• Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                            Is that information proprietary or is it something that you can share?

My guys have to walk into strange yards with dogs and I would love to be able to give them some real training on how to deal with them.
                            Since it was done by a city employee, it is owned by the city. I can't email it to you.

Comment

• Its back on grabing me

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                                Has the Army ever shot innocents??...... etc...
                                I see where you're going to try to go with this, but stop before you get there. People in the Army get their shit pushed in for breaking the rules, cops get a slap on the wrist and some desk duty...

Comment

Working...
                                X