Garland SWAT get 3 dogs in one raid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jwp View Post
    When police officers organize a raid don't they survey the property in advance so they aren't going in blind? You would think it wold have been known that they're three dogs in the household and they should have taken necessary steps to avoid the situation completely. If they knew the dogs are in the house do they assign certain officers to shoot the dog or take care of the situation or just whoever the dog is charging dispatch it as soon as an opportunity presents itself?
    What kind of steps? Like looking at a picture of their crappy house on google earth to see if the have any dogs or stargazers that they need to be sure and not kill?
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      dont for get the buttsecks those tequilla shots led you two lovebirds to!

god bless.
      I thought that was just you and Tali, man that Tali gets around!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DaisyDoesDallas View Post
        I thought that was just you and Tali, man that Tali gets around!!

You should know, sugar tits!

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
          Sean, show me where I addressed this topic at all, let alone defended the topic of the OP.

I made a comment about dogs attacking someone, and never once addressed the legality or appropriateness of the Garland PD in the story.
          Maybe the thread hasn't gotten there yet, but you usually defend the thin blue line, regardless of the acts of an officer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            Maybe the thread hasn't gotten there yet, but you usually defend the thin blue line, regardless of the acts of an officer.
            God dammit give me the chance to do it before you convict me.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
              Ahem..

Stevo

You sure are an out of context posting mother fukker.

Comment

• There needs to be an overhaul of the entire policing system, but there is a few downfalls to a "one size fits all" police standard.

I can tell you the first people that would scream is the ACLU.

They are afraid of a national police force, it would reek of big brother on roids.

If there was a national standard for policing, I'm sure there would be some federal liability and the feds don't want that.

Back on topic.

You guys have no clue what goes into a dog shooting. They are classified as "CPI" (Critical Police Incidents) and the last one I did where the officer was attacked he shot at and missed the dog. The dog decided he didn't want to eat the officer after the loud bang and ran.

I still have to do a complete supervisory investigation which entails calling Crime Scene out to do a detailed scale diagram of the scene. It ends up being about a 35 page report.

Trust me, every one of my peeps know what goes into a CPI, and how I dislike them. If there is an option, they are to exercise it. I don't like killing dogs, but there are times that it is justified (no, and not just because a dog barks at someone).

Animal Control has even put out a slide show presentation on the true signs of aggression of dogs. I've held documented training on it to reduce these kinds of incidents.

Guys, the short answer is I don't have a answer that will fit every scenario. The span of control I have is all I can do, and I don't like seeing this any more than any of you do.

Comment

So there has never been a dog bite or attack outside the confines of home walls?

I know you're not going to answer that, because all you are focused on is one thing.

You might benefit from the skills of expanded thinking or multitasking.
                  Have cops ever shot innocents or engaged in unlawful activities?

If a cop can shoot a dog because of past actions of other dogs, wouldn't it make sense that cops can be shot for past actions of other cops?

Edited to add: No, I do not think shooting cops is a good thing, just in case someone thought otherwise. However, I'm sure most of you know my view on trespassing
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

You sure are an out of context posting mother fukker.
                    Okay cocksucker, tell us all what kind of 'context' you implied when you told someone they would get sued for their dog attacking an intruder that has forcibly entered into their own house. I cannot wait to hear your bullshit reasoning behind this one...

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• PERHAPS one of his points is that, even if you are in the "right", getting sued is a likely possibility. Happens all the time...

Comment

• Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                        PERHAPS one of his points is that, even if you are in the "right", getting sued is a likely possibility. Happens all the time...
                        Can you show me a case where a criminal kicked in the door of a homeowner and then sued the homeowner for injuries sustained from a guard dog attacking in the commission of that crime?

Stevo
                        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Animal Control has even put out a slide show presentation on the true signs of aggression of dogs. I've held documented training on it to reduce these kinds of incidents.
                          Is that information proprietary or is it something that you can share?

My guys have to walk into strange yards with dogs and I would love to be able to give them some real training on how to deal with them.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• QUOTE from: http://www.blountweb.com/pets/dogliability.htm

4th paragraph from the bottom:

There are even several cases on the books where burglars in the wee hours of the morning were chewed up by the homeowner's dog and who successfully sued for the bites they sustained. In our legal system, you cannot anticipate justice, decency, fair play or reason. What the courts guarantee is legality, and that alone. Settlements out of court are common as a means of reducing costs instead of expending the legal resources necessary to prevail against frivolous lawsuits.

....SUCCESSFULLY sued. Yes that is STUPID but, it happens...

Comment

• Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                              QUOTE from: http://www.blountweb.com/pets/dogliability.htm

4th paragraph from the bottom:

There are even several cases on the books where burglars in the wee hours of the morning were chewed up by the homeowner's dog and who successfully sued for the bites they sustained. In our legal system, you cannot anticipate justice, decency, fair play or reason. What the courts guarantee is legality, and that alone. Settlements out of court are common as a means of reducing costs instead of expending the legal resources necessary to prevail against frivolous lawsuits.

....SUCCESSFULLY sued. Yes that is STUPID but, it happens...
                              End of the first paragraph:

The rules are very different in each state.
                              Since we are speaking about an individual that resides in Texas, I assumed we were discussing laws applicable to our state, I guess I should have made that clear. That being said, I still didn't see a case mentioned on that whole page at all, just generalizations.

Stevo

Comment

• I'm gonna have to hear the other side of the story from the 3 dogs before i hold judgement.

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                                WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THE DOGS ARE TRAINED TO DO?

If a stranger comes busting down my door, I sure as FUCK hope my dog gets to FUCK HIM UP ROYALLY. I want to hear that sonnabitch scream for mercy while my dog fucks his life up.

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                                I sure hope you have insurance, or you will be sued until you are eating out of a dumpster.
                                Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                                So does it have to be this circumstance?

Are you saying it is impossible for your dogs to get off of your property?

Are you saying it is impossible for your dogs to mistake a running child for prey, especially if you have trained them to attack?

You basically admitted to owning a ticking time bomb.
                                go back to taking care of your yorkie.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                                TORETTO! SWAT came into my house, disrespected my whole family, shot my dogs because somebody narc'd me out!
                                HAHAHA. I laughed out loud and my co-workers just looked at me stupid.

I would...

But yeah, 20K for a dog? GTFOH. He better be mixed with a Cheetah or Jaguar LOL.
                                That dog looks like a regular pit with a special order of dfwmustang cropped ears.
                                Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                                Your opinion is what sucks.
                                You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Working...
                                X