Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a good airport for a daytrip to eat lunch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just three hours? No way to take a couple more?

Eric's got it right.
    One of my favorite places for a one day trip is north Lake Tahoe and the Lone Eagle Grille in Incline Village is schweeeeeet. You'd need a couple hours round trip in a rental car from Reno to get there though. The drive through the mountains is worth it for the view of the lake when you come over the top.

I'm going to Chicago for an afternoon this summer just for a slice of pizza and a game at Wrigley... are you sure there's no way to get more than three hours? Day trips are fun as hell but being limited to the airport blows.

Like Brent said, NOLA has some unbeatable food. I've heard amazing things about Charleston, SC but haven't made it there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
      You're doing it wrong.
      Au contraire, she's doing it just right!
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
        Au contraire, she's doing it just right!
        Not if it took her 2 hours to earn lunch. Giggity!
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

The food here in SF is amazing. As mentioned though, it'd be a $50 cab ride each way.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Forgot to mention, If I'm flying somewhere for a few hours(that's not for business) I'm going somewhere to watch some baseball. I've been checking the schedule to see somewhere to jet to on the fly.

Comment

I would vote for San Fran and just have a bite to eat in Terminal 2 and check out the aviation museum at the airport. Then turn around and head back to DFW. There's good plane spotting out there too if you're into that. Only side issue is the possible ground delays in SFO, but nothing that's too bad. AA has their 738s on the route with plenty of open spots (never had a problem myself on an day of the week).

Whoever said D3 passes aren't worth it doesn't know how to work trips to their advantage. I fly non-rev everywhere and have never had an issue. I just got back from Vancouver for the weekend with two others. Easy, completely problem free and I'm not a future US Airways employee!

Comment

OMG early flight with a red eye home or vice versa will get you anywhere in the states... Take the am flight to SEATAC go to the fish market underground tour and the 11 pm flight home it gives you time to sleep on the way back. Red eye east to Boston or New York ( maybe Chicago just way early then late) and you get a whole day. "Just for lunch" now days with security and such is an all day event. Work it and have fun. I fly a lot one day and out the next or same day. With no schedule and a good plan you could have a lot of fun.

Comment

We used to go out to DC for the day on American. The subway will take you wherever you want to go. Lots to do and see, I don't remember any good restaraunts though.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                    I've heard amazing things about Charleston, SC but haven't made it there yet.
                    I was in Charleston a few weeks ago. Nice little city. 4 to 1 ratio and great seafood. Airport is close to downtown as well.

I had Shrimp and grits at Hominy Grill while i was there. Anthony Bourdain loves it.

Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Working...
                    X