Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a good airport for a daytrip to eat lunch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good airport for a daytrip to eat lunch?

Next week I am off from school and work. I wanna go somewhere out of state to eat lunch. Does anyone know of a good place to eat near an airport in either NY, Miami, LA, San Fransisco, etc? I will only have about three hours to eat lunch. Just planning to go there and come back in the same day. And no I'm no baller. Just work for Eagle Aviation Services in Abilene. We do the heavy maintenance for American Eagle. Therefore I have flight benefits through American and American Eagle. Flights will only cost around $60. And no I don't have buddy passes yet. Hit me up in July when I hit the two year mark to get those. Lol. Any ideas on where I could go. Google hasn't been much help.
    Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
    -Fred Sanford

Maybe check yelp, you might be able to find some hole in the wall joint with a ton of awesome ratings.
    Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
    Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Originally posted by oh1bullitt View Post
      And no I don't have buddy passes yet. Hit me up in July when I hit the two year mark to get those. Lol. Any ideas on where I could go.
      LOL@trying to fly on a buddy pass with 2yr seniority, sounds like that person will be eating at the airport food court while trying to get off the rollover list.

If you are up for it, maybe take in the sights in the MSP area? Mall of America is quite a treat for a day trip if you are up for the walking.

-k

Comment

The buddy passes for us don't go off of seniority. You just have to have two years with the company to get them. Day one I could fly my parents and girlfriend. At the two year mark I can fly anybody. Vegas is only $45 first class round trip.
        Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
        -Fred Sanford

Comment

Go to New Orleans for a late lunch, and catch the red-eye back. Some pommes souffle with bernaise sauce at Antoine's, Galatoire's, or Arnaud's would be excellent right about now, maybe with a bowl of turtle soup, depending on who's got it.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Memphis. Even if you don't get out of the airport, you can get some good food.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Definitely not LA if you want to stay near the airport.

Comment

New Orleans or Lake Tahoe. Cab ride in San Fran to get you anywhere decent will cost you more than the plane ride.

Comment

Boston is pretty cool

Comment

New Orleans. My favorite food destination in the US
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by oh1bullitt View Post
                      The buddy passes for us don't go off of seniority. You just have to have two years with the company to get them. Day one I could fly my parents and girlfriend. At the two year mark I can fly anybody. Vegas is only $45 first class round trip.
                      Heart attack grill!!!
                      Originally posted by Sean88gt
                      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                        Go to New Orleans for a late lunch, and catch the red-eye back. Some pommes souffle with bernaise sauce at Antoine's, Galatoire's, or Arnaud's would be excellent right about now, maybe with a bowl of turtle soup, depending on who's got it.
                        There's not really a red eye back in to Abilene! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                          Heart attack grill!!!
                          No need to go all the way to Vegas. There's one in Dallas. Besides, the food fucking sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            No need to go all the way to Vegas. There's one in Dallas. Besides, the food fucking sucks.
                            I think they already went out of business in Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                              I think they already went out of business in Dallas.
                              Probably because the food fucking sucks....

Comment

Working...
                              X