Not strangling a politician

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    Just challenge them to a discussion, eventually they will no longer feel comfortable bringing up politics.
    I did that today. He listened to what I had to say, then opened his mouth and completely ignored everything previously covered. I think he has talking points memorized and can't deviate from it
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      I did that today. He listened to what I had to say, then opened his mouth and completely ignored everything previously covered. I think he has talking points memorized and can't deviate from it
      Then embarrass him with facts. Establish that his talking points are incorrect, and take him out of his comfort zone. I use to do political debates on stage in high school and college. I've dealt with quite a few idealists, even hardcore ones can be dismantled if you have the will to do it.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        Then embarrass him with facts. Establish that his talking points are incorrect, and take him out of his comfort zone. I use to do political debates on stage in high school and college. I've dealt with quite a few idealists, even hardcore ones can be dismantled if you have the will to do it.
        I've been doing that for two days but those who listen to him only hear "you need more money and I'm going to get it for you." It's hard to argue with someone handing out tax dollars
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          I spent yesterday sitting at a table listening to a guy talk about how Texas has been cutting it's budget and that the tax payers should be more than happy to be paying more for the programs he supports, that taxpayers should be willing to open more disability clinics, how Texas should make EVERY building ADA compliant (exempting federal buildings of course) and that the legislature didn't fund Medicare/Medicaid for the full 2 years which means they want the 'dirt poor children to die in gutters.'

I sat through 2 hours of that without stabbing him in the throat, without calling him on the carpet and without storming out. All of that with only lithium in my system. Have any of you had to sit in a professional situation, next to someone who every fiber of your being was screaming to injure greatly?
          Texas has dodged a big economic bullet by NOT doing the very things he wants us to do. Plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
          X